PDA

View Full Version : Hamer Stellar 1 ?

macrocket
01-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum. This looked like a nice mix of musicians so I decided to join and pick up some knowlege; and maybe even share some stories.
Does anybody have or know much about Hamer Stelar 1 guitars? I just traded for one(it hasn't got here yet). From the style and information I've obtained so far, I think I'll really like it. It seems to get rave reviews but there isn't much information about it.

static
01-27-2012, 02:27 AM
I liked every Hamer I put my hands on. The jammer is a different story.

srinivassa
01-27-2012, 08:19 PM
If it's an American made Hamer, it's a nice guitar. The Slammer Series is a Korean made Hamer that is a good guitar, but has no value. The Hamer Slammer guitar is just junk.

I have one of the Slammer Series, so it plays and sounds great, but it has no resale value. Hope you got an American made Hamer. Those are still very saught after.

Parralax view
01-28-2012, 01:47 AM
The Stellar One is an import Hamer with a distinct PRS knockoff shape. It's not a bad guitar and is slightly comparable to their Korean Studio archtop sunbursts from years back. The usual suspects on import hamers are the Pickups and electronics which are not the same quality as Hamer USA guitars, but that is remedied easy enough if you are of that mind.

It's a good solid, yet not too valuable or desirable guitar from a sale standpoint, but a good player non the less.