View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 12:41 AM   #5
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Having never been what is catagorized as a "Pro", I got paid what everybody else got paid during my real gigging yrs. from 1972 through my last formal gig around 1999. It was usually the split with getting maybe 125 to 150 ea. depending on club or organization.

I've never ever relied solely on music or guitar to make any part of my living, it was always discretionary funds to be used on gear, fun, and being able to say I got paid.

Having never been a studio guy, nor famous, nor in demand, I think it was fine for what it was, when it was.

Everyone has the dream, but very very few actually can eat and get by on music alone, even very skilled, chop heavy folks.

My best jam buddy for over 20 yrs., I considered a pro due to his skill and past accomplishments, yet in the end, he was living with his mother at 50 something yrs. old...I just couldn't see that for myself, no matter the skill level I attained and continue to have.

Congratulations to you for perservering long enough to have a paycheck and be playing for it.