Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > Skills > Technique, Style, & Genre

Old 08-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #21
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boston View Post
If your average teen guitar student can turn a scale practice exercise into Sweet Child O' Mine like Slash did - power to 'em I guess, lol.

I will completely agree that Axl may in fact be the biggest A-hole in rock history, which if you think about it really is the creme de la creme of a-holes.
He's an overachiever in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
You, the biggest Beatles fanboi in the world, like GnR?

To this day, I haven't heard a complete GnR tune.
I remember the Welcome to the Jungle and November Rain videos from the Headbanger's Ball days on MTV...the only times I've heard GnR tunes all of the way through. My wife owns some GnR CDs.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #22
jgln

jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking jgln The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
He's an overachiever in that regard.

I remember the Welcome to the Jungle and November Rain videos from the Headbanger's Ball days on MTV...the only times I've heard GnR tunes all of the way through. My wife owns some GnR CDs.
I have known more women than men to be GnR fans.
jgln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:00 AM   #23
flexi
Turn It UP!

flexi Just getting started

I got to say that GnR stands out by a mile and a half from many other heavy rock bands from the same area. I was fortunate to see two GnR shows, that last one Get in the ring MF tour in 91 I think. Then I've seen Slash when he toured with A Cooper, 2001 probably. Slashes guitar playing took me straight back to the early years of GnR. Even the hat was the same. And I mean that in the best possible way.

There are so many GNR tunes I still play on a regular basis, and for more then 20 years I've listened to them. They do not get old, and still today I find myself getting all caught up in the moment whenever my playlist hits a song with one of the great Slash's solos and leads.

When I was younger I wanted to be like him, I tried to play like him and then realized he was out of this world.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #24
rigolo

rigolo Just getting started

More speed, less soul. Slash has it right. Great to see the gunners back again.
rigolo is offline   Reply With Quote