Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Introduce Yourself

Old 04-04-2017, 04:47 PM   #1651
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd View Post
Everyone thinks Chi is this incredible armpit of violence...but it can be like that anywhere. When I lived in Denver, you could go from a charming, peaceful neighborhood to a gang-ridden slum in 10 blocks.
A lot of the violence here is pretty much just gangs on gangs, or drug deals gone bad, like the times someone tried stealing from a dealer and it spilled over on to the expressway and they got chased down and shot. The people that report this shit aren't in touch with what really goes on, so they just sensationalize the hell out of it and tell you it's a "random act of violence" when it's anything but that, and the problem isn't cast in a realistic light. It's not as all-encompassing as they'd like you to believe. If you're not in a gang, or not trying to score drugs, you're very safe around here.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:45 PM   #1652
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
The people that report this shit aren't in touch with what really goes on, so they just sensationalize the hell out of it and tell you it's a "random act of violence" when it's anything but that, and the problem isn't cast in a realistic light
I'm not surprised in the least by this assessment. Maybe if journalism was about the TRUTH instead of ratings, advertising dollars, and website clicks, the reality of these situations would be more apparent.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:27 AM   #1653
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

Quote:
A lot of the violence here is pretty much just gangs on gangs, or drug deals gone bad, like the times someone tried stealing from a dealer and it spilled over on to the expressway and they got chased down and shot. The people that report this shit aren't in touch with what really goes on, so they just sensationalize the hell out of it and tell you it's a "random act of violence" when it's anything but that, and the problem isn't cast in a realistic light. It's not as all-encompassing as they'd like you to believe. If you're not in a gang, or not trying to score drugs, you're very safe around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredd View Post
I'm not surprised in the least by this assessment. Maybe if journalism was about the TRUTH instead of ratings, advertising dollars, and website clicks, the reality of these situations would be more apparent.

It doesn't help when Trump is spewing from the mouth about how Chicago is the most crime ridden place on the plant.

I hear he overturned the equal pay for women legislation, I bet that will lead to some violence, lol !
Old 04-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #1654
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
South subs.
So cool! I'm up in the northern suburbs. No bullets flying around in my area.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:43 PM   #1655
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
It doesn't help when Trump is spewing from the mouth about how Chicago is the most crime ridden place on the plant.

I hear he overturned the equal pay for women legislation, I bet that will lead to some violence, lol !
Is there a greenfly infestation in Chicago with so much crime on the plants
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #1656
Plankton
Chum

Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Plankton The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
So cool! I'm up in the northern suburbs. No bullets flying around in my area.
Well, howdy neighbor.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #1657
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
It doesn't help when Trump is spewing from the mouth
Don't EVEN get me started on trumpf. This isn't the thread for it. But despite my "news boycott" (I watch/read as little as possible, as it's so infuriating), every time I see reporting on him, his actions, his words, his behaviors, I want put a screwdriver in one ear and out the other.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:49 AM   #1658
Revenge of the Naked Ape
Tinnitus Merit Badge

Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools

Quote:
Yeah, but its violent crime rate *is* several (like six, seven) times the national average.

Plankton is right though—it's mostly drug/gang-related (like most of the country).

We Remember.

Hellbox Effects

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX
Revenge of the Naked Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #1659
Mr. Boston
Super Moderator

Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts

Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 AM   #1660
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Look to the left.Yep. that's me about 10 years ago.