Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 10-05-2017, 03:02 AM   #11
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies
Talking

Here is mine. I am really digging this BT.

This is what I'd like help with, how do I take my lead playing to the next level or at least up a tiny notch. What do I need to work on?

https://app.box.com/s/z3u9h5pwb6yic2ix2lorrdf0szq2jrye

Is this the HiHat & Aly thread or is someone else gonna join us
Old 10-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #12
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Aly, your take on this is excellent! Your playing over the past year has bumped up quite a few notches. You should listen to stuff you did a year ago and compare. This has some sophistication that you didn't have before. The autowah was the perfect touch too.

I fully get wanting to move to the next level. If you figure it out, please let me know .

HiHat - I can't listen to attached mp3s at work for some reason. I'll have to check this out at home...not ignoring your post.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:59 PM   #13
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Nice Aly, that lead 'makes sense', you created a melody, nice job!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #14
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post

This is what I'd like help with, how do I take my lead playing to the next level or at least up a tiny notch. What do I need to work on?
That was good, AlyKat.

What helps me is, every day I try to learn something new about music. It doesn't have to be guitar, it could be some music theory or singing or harmonica or some other instrument. When a year goes by I learned 365 new things.

I watch youtube instruction videos. I search google for "funk guitar how to play", there are many videos. I don't try to learn everything in the video, just one part is enough. One thing a day.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:19 AM   #15
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post

https://app.box.com/s/z3u9h5pwb6yic2ix2lorrdf0szq2jrye

Is this the HiHat & Aly thread or is someone else gonna join us
To the next level. Been trying that and failed for years. Its not a easy question to answer.Everyone is different. I would say if its in you. Often lots and lots of playing improves what you have already learned. So that with studying other things like scales and licks. or theory if your like that. Worth trying to learn a few cool licks youtube is great for that. Often when you learn new licks. they can be adjusted and changed somewhat enriching your playing ideas generally. I play a lot of stuff from licks I learned on comfortably numb as a example. But I like how you are experimenting on the ideas you are creating. Moving around a lot. You are a natural player. Its always a case of learning new things and playing a lot I think. My two cents
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

I think squid is right listen back to a year or so ago. Improving is like weight gain/loss or kids growing. It is a slow subtle process and you don't notice the difference when around it everyday. My examples you can look at old photos from a year ago and think look at me then !!
Your music your just using your ears not your eyes same thing. You are progressing you just can't see it.
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #17
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
My examples you can look at old photos from a year ago and think look at me then !!
Well surely there's supposed to be an improvement? haha.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:15 AM   #18
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
I like funk but I'm not very good at it. How did I do?

I used the Telecaster on this track.
Hi HH similar to Aly's take. I don't use wah a lot. Must try.

It also reminds me of 80s American programs. like streets of San Franciso,
Good job
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:42 AM   #19
Abo

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

The laptop i record on i cant connect to the internet. Last night i just downloaded a bunch of these BTs onto the external drive i use.
Had no clue what one or order i was picking took me about 5 attempts to find which jam it was lol.

For this as i have been using i just used a free version of amplitude . I just listened to the first bar or so to get an idea of the track and key. Then picked a sound i thought would go with it.
Picked up my Jem as it was the nearest to me - the pups were modded years ago so choose the bridge and neck pups coiled tapped with the tone turned right down.
This is a great track really liked it and this is my very first run through i had no idea where the track was going and i fluked the ending lol

https://soundcloud.com/abokerr/funky-jam-151017
Old 10-17-2017, 03:56 AM   #20
Abo

Hi Hat your wah sound was awesome put a smile on my face then Ron hit the nail on the head 70s theme music - love it.

Aly how you cant hear how much you have improved is beyond me.

Jase yer a cheeky bastid