Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 10-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #21
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Oh oops, wow I had two of those in a folder, I didn't realize one had vocals, the other didn't I used the one without and uploaded the other, I thought they were the same file!
Here is the no vocal one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d53un9d7nt...06515.mp3?dl=0
Old 10-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #22
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
There are vocals in the track (male & female) that you originally posted.

Also something is goofy with your track there is like two BT's playing at the same time but out of sync with each other......

You better go back & listen
You mean that echo-ey stuff for a while at first? I tried to be fancy and did a track with some super echo swell stuff to make it mysterious sounding at first Guess that didn't come off like I hoped lol
Old 10-14-2017, 04:15 PM   #23
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Uploading mine now...

(how come mine had vocals?) Think you could have slowed down a bit for this tune imo. You didn't leave much room 'tween phrases. I think while you were going for speed, it actually slowed you down by thinking where you were going next. It would have been better over a different track imo. (I try to give detailed critiques- GREAT JOB! is nice, but I like to think I give some constructive feedback). Still, it was a good effort, but I'd like to hear you do it again, but slower. Good to hear you play though.

Think mine is about done in YT- I was stepping all over the vocals, I think. I could do it over myself, lol.

Good critique, I was kinda hyper and in the rip mood, so guess I got a bit too wild with it! I'll try it again, keep it cooler. I re-listened to myself, couldn't remember what I did last night, I guess there were two areas where I kinda got going a bit fast, some hammer-ons in the middle and the ending part. I will try it again though.

Last edited by ronpfid; 10-14-2017 at 04:41 PM.
ronpfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #24
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Hit some clams here, but oh well...

Nice mellow approach. That fit the mood with those vocals I liked the chord 'plucks' at the end, good choice. Do you record with a mike? I (maybe just my pc speakers) could barely hear the backtrack?
Old 10-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #25
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
So how'd you get that sound/tone? Guitar? Amp? Effects? What's the secret?
OK, I copied a screen shot of the settings, now much of the tone though is just how I hold the pick, timing the note 'strike' with when I press the string down. If I also use my fingers along with the pick 'to pick the string to cause some harmonics at that same time, that kinda stuff.

But here is the settings for the tone, nothing special, just kind of a lesser overdrive.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #26
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
Nice mellow approach. That fit the mood with those vocals I liked the chord 'plucks' at the end, good choice. Do you record with a mike? I (maybe just my pc speakers) could barely hear the backtrack?
Thanks. I have a cheapy digital camera with a built in stereo mic. The signal was clipping in the last thing I did, so I lowered the volume on the BT, so it's not your pc. I haven't messed with my DAW in many, many months. It's so much easier to just press record. I obviously don't care much about recording levels, lol.

Thanks for linking the no-vocals BT, I may give it another go. I have SO much that needs to be done today, but I ended up going to bed after 3 a.m. I think I should take a nap lol.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #27
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

OK Here is mine. Fun blues jam. I used Samick Telecaster and Acoustic B30 bass amp.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Thrill Hi Hat.mp3 (3.56 MB, 7 views)
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:36 PM   #28
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
OK, I copied a screen shot of the settings, now much of the tone though is just how I hold the pick, timing the note 'strike' with when I press the string down. If I also use my fingers along with the pick 'to pick the string to cause some harmonics at that same time, that kinda stuff.

But here is the settings for the tone, nothing special, just kind of a lesser overdrive.

What program is that? I have Bias Pro- Amps only which sounds great. But I haven't played with my DAW in a long time. I have the Line 6 TT which gives me nearly every sound I want, so the Bias software became a waste.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:40 PM   #29
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Hit some clams here, but oh well...
Pretty good playing, Slimtao. Sounds nice.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #30
Hi Hat

Quote:
hahaha
Not the BT, but just played to it now, here's my jam with a side of noodles and a few clams lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/500hlcnhxq...t%201.mp3?dl=0
Nice guitar work and tone. Was that tapping in the middle of your solo?