Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > In The Studio > Jam Clinic

Old 10-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #11
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

More Advanced players.....Did someone call my name, lol.
I'll be checking it out in a minute
Old 10-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #12
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ronpfid Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Here's different version I did at the same time, Mixed with a different sim also. No takers on this guys ? the more advanced players on here should love it. Great backing track

https://soundcloud.com/neil-phillips...new-version-rp
'

Cool, smoken that one! Nice job! You did this in the morning? Man I can barely drink my coffee in the a.m. let along rip a lead like that lol This really applies -->

I'm for sure gonna try this, hopefully tonight, but I can see it's going to be a few takes and a few days before I get something 'post worthy' I bet!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #13
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

New rule, no practicing for days & only posting your best work.
I'm tired of sounding like a schmuck, lol...just kidding!

Yeah, who plays like this at the crack of dawn? EXCELLENT !!!!!!!:To tally_jammin_out:
I like the tone/amp/sim on #2 the best.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #14
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

LOL man, even after a few days i'm usually still not really ready to post but can't belabor it too much lol
Old 10-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #15
old geezer

old geezer Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpfid View Post
LOL man, even after a few days i'm usually still not really ready to post but can't belabor it too much lol
I have the same problem I did a few takes. it didn't come easy to start. And quickly became tiring. I am a take 25 guy too. Hendrix manager said Hendrix used to do take after take. But often the first take was the best

The tone on these guitars Squire CVs is awesome acoustically it chimes like a grandfather clock. its just lovely. It does have issues mind likely high frets. But with a good luthier these guitars rock big time. The Kelly decree is all dark and moody with a thick grunt. These guitars are all mid rangy but I say that in a good way. there are times its just like pure crystal. Especially with lot of open sounding chords its a dream. If you see one guys get it.I don't go out much in the winter because of health reasons. but in the summer I hope to get this guitar tip top.

Last edited by old geezer; 10-22-2017 at 06:15 PM.
old geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #16
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Nice, simple straight forward track!
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #17
ronpfid
Getting my Mojo back

ha good description, a take 25 guy lol yep me too!

Cool, well that guitar and setup you have sounds really good!
Old 10-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #18
old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
New rule, no practicing for days & only posting your best work.
I'm tired of sounding like a schmuck, lol...just kidding!

Yeah, who plays like this at the crack of dawn? EXCELLENT !!!!!!!:To tally_jammin_out:
I like the tone/amp/sim on #2 the best.
Cheers Aly. started wondering what others use to record. I cant use amps I often record at night. So reaper and sims is the way to go for me. So do any of you guys use Sims ?
Don't get me wrong hook me up to a marshall stack. and I wouldn't want to use sims. Goes without saying. But its convenient and free. And once you get good at using impulses and settings on the amp simulations. it surprising the quality that can be got. Btw it was Ronald passion ss500 amp sim Mesa boogie studio impulse cab
And ignite amps Nadir impulse loader on the second. So no effects just drive and good impulses. the first had a mild univibe

Last edited by old geezer; 10-22-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #19
AlyKat
Collab Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
Cheers Aly. started wondering what others use to record. I cant use amps I often record at night. So reaper and sims is the way to go for me. So do any of you guys use Sims ?
Don't get me wrong hook me up to a marshall stack. and I wouldn't want to use sims. Goes without saying. But its convenient and free. And once you get good at using impulses and settings on the amp simulations. it surprising the quality that can be got.
I continue to have nightmares about Marshall Stacks & awake screaming.......

I have gotten rid of all my amps except for a Roland micro-cube & Roland Cube 20XL. I have no use or reason to have a bunch of amps. I use my Boss ME-70 & the Black Box if I want to sound like I am using an amp. I could never carry any of my amps anyway, lol.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:43 PM   #20
old geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixstringplayer View Post
Nice, simple straight forward track!
Hi Six string player
Yeah blues can be simple. Its also very honest. Those that haven't learned technique very well like me. Best to try and just teach yourself, There is that old realization that in the end you have to teach yourself how to play. sure learning from others, helps. But integrating it into your own playing is the key.Not copying per se
Not sure if its like that for you ?