Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 11-11-2017, 01:40 AM   #191
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
The damn problem with Strats is that they make so many. They make these Classic 50',60' and 70's that are pretty much reproductions of the times. Ive read many reviews on the Classic 50 where people actually own a real 50 Strat and would take the new one over the original. And then to complicate matters they make the same guitars but add Players in the name and those get some word done from the Custom Shop. So it would be a 1950's Strat with a new modern neck and better pups. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me but I guess it's marketing.

Too many choices. Might look at a banjo.
Used Deering Goodtime...
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #192
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
The damn problem with Strats is that they make so many. They make these Classic 50',60' and 70's that are pretty much reproductions of the times. Ive read many reviews on the Classic 50 where people actually own a real 50 Strat and would take the new one over the original. And then to complicate matters they make the same guitars but add Players in the name and those get some word done from the Custom Shop. So it would be a 1950's Strat with a new modern neck and better pups. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me but I guess it's marketing.

Too many choices. Might look at a banjo.
Have you ever tried a CV? Across most guitar boards, most say it's equal to, or better than, a MiM. But you're right, there's too many choices, and many strats come with noiseless, which you know I hate.

I have an uke. Stupidly paid $250 for it. GAS can be dangerous.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #193
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Might look at a banjo.
Now, THAT would require a hat of some distinction.

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #194
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Have you ever tried a CV? Across most guitar boards, most say it's equal to, or better than, a MiM. But you're right, there's too many choices, and many strats come with noiseless, which you know I hate.

I have an uke. Stupidly paid $250 for it. GAS can be dangerous.
Ukuleles are fun. Don't you like it?
Old 11-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #195
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Ukuleles are fun. Don't you like it?
I do, but I can't believe I paid GC $250 for it. I coulda gotten it cheaper online. I just had GAS for an uke, and they didn't even have the brand I wanted, the salesman was a dick to boot. It's a/e too. Makes some cools sounds, but like my guitars, I haven't given it much play the past year.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:26 AM   #196
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I do, but I can't believe I paid GC $250 for it. I coulda gotten it cheaper online. I just had GAS for an uke, and they didn't even have the brand I wanted, the salesman was a dick to boot. It's a/e too. Makes some cools sounds, but like my guitars, I haven't given it much play the past year.
Haha...you just need to stay out of GC. I buy too much stuff too, but at least I get a good price on it!
Old 11-12-2017, 04:22 AM   #197
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
Now, THAT would require a hat of some distinction.

Did Slim share that photo with you?? That was Nancy in her early 20's long before the rigors of life got to her. The hat is awesome!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #198
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Did Slim share that photo with you?? That was Nancy in her early 20's long before the rigors of life got to her. The hat is awesome!
Nope. Found her by myself Google surfing.

(NOT sayin' she "gets around", but...)

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote