Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 01:40 AM   #191
Seattle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,015
Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
The damn problem with Strats is that they make so many. They make these Classic 50',60' and 70's that are pretty much reproductions of the times. Ive read many reviews on the Classic 50 where people actually own a real 50 Strat and would take the new one over the original. And then to complicate matters they make the same guitars but add Players in the name and those get some word done from the Custom Shop. So it would be a 1950's Strat with a new modern neck and better pups. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me but I guess it's marketing.

Too many choices. Might look at a banjo.
Used Deering Goodtime...
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #192
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,286
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
The damn problem with Strats is that they make so many. They make these Classic 50',60' and 70's that are pretty much reproductions of the times. Ive read many reviews on the Classic 50 where people actually own a real 50 Strat and would take the new one over the original. And then to complicate matters they make the same guitars but add Players in the name and those get some word done from the Custom Shop. So it would be a 1950's Strat with a new modern neck and better pups. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me but I guess it's marketing.

Too many choices. Might look at a banjo.
Have you ever tried a CV? Across most guitar boards, most say it's equal to, or better than, a MiM. But you're right, there's too many choices, and many strats come with noiseless, which you know I hate.

I have an uke. Stupidly paid $250 for it. GAS can be dangerous.
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #193
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...
 
St.Fill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fla & Cali
Posts: 4,209
St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Might look at a banjo.
Now, THAT would require a hat of some distinction.

__________________
When I first laid eyes on you, I was transported to a place that only a fortunate few have been...
I was stupefied... transfixed... paralyzed... touched by angels. Never in my life...

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #194
Seattle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,015
Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Have you ever tried a CV? Across most guitar boards, most say it's equal to, or better than, a MiM. But you're right, there's too many choices, and many strats come with noiseless, which you know I hate.

I have an uke. Stupidly paid $250 for it. GAS can be dangerous.
Ukuleles are fun. Don't you like it?
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #195
Silimtao
Baaand
 
Silimtao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: here
Posts: 35,286
Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Ukuleles are fun. Don't you like it?
I do, but I can't believe I paid GC $250 for it. I coulda gotten it cheaper online. I just had GAS for an uke, and they didn't even have the brand I wanted, the salesman was a dick to boot. It's a/e too. Makes some cools sounds, but like my guitars, I haven't given it much play the past year.
__________________
Instant Karma's gonna get you......

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:26 AM   #196
Seattle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,015
Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I do, but I can't believe I paid GC $250 for it. I coulda gotten it cheaper online. I just had GAS for an uke, and they didn't even have the brand I wanted, the salesman was a dick to boot. It's a/e too. Makes some cools sounds, but like my guitars, I haven't given it much play the past year.
Haha...you just need to stay out of GC. I buy too much stuff too, but at least I get a good price on it!
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:22 AM   #197
Cobalt
Collab Serf
 
Cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,137
Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Fill View Post
Now, THAT would require a hat of some distinction.

Did Slim share that photo with you?? That was Nancy in her early 20's long before the rigors of life got to her. The hat is awesome!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #198
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...
 
St.Fill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fla & Cali
Posts: 4,209
St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Did Slim share that photo with you?? That was Nancy in her early 20's long before the rigors of life got to her. The hat is awesome!
Nope. Found her by myself Google surfing.

(NOT sayin' she "gets around", but...)

__________________
When I first laid eyes on you, I was transported to a place that only a fortunate few have been...
I was stupefied... transfixed... paralyzed... touched by angels. Never in my life...

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Guitar Competition | Piano Lessons