Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-27-2015, 04:26 PM   #291
BobF
Arachibutyrophobic

BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
Do people who like Rush tolerate or somehow tune out Geddy's voice?

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Geddy's voice is the reason I own zero Rush media. It's a shame really as they are otherwise brilliant musicians.

It would be cool to hear their library remastered with vocal tracks done by somebody else ... I'm afraid that would be considered too rude and offensive to Geddy though

--
"The shark swam out to his deepest waters and brooded in
the old clean currents. He was very hungry that season"
<> from Fiat Voluntas Tua
--
BobF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #292
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Geddy's voice is the reason I own zero Rush media. It's a shame really as they are otherwise brilliant musicians.

It would be cool to hear their library remastered with vocal tracks done by somebody else ... I'm afraid that would be considered too rude and offensive to Geddy though
Same. I love their instrumentals but I can't stand his voice. I want to like them, but I don't think I can.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #293
BallisticSquid
Collab King

BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt

I've never considered Geddy's voice as something that had to be tolerated or blocked out. Now Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen, that's a whole other story .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #294
BobF
Arachibutyrophobic

BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born BobF Is So Ugly The Doc Slapped His Mother When Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
I've never considered Geddy's voice as something that had to be tolerated or blocked out. Now Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen, that's a whole other story .
Dillon's voice is nails on a chalk board to my ears. Springsteen is tolerable to me. It's too bad he never spit out that mouth full of horseshit before he started singing though.

ALLOW ME TO ADD ... as bad as they are, they're all 1,000% better than me

--
"The shark swam out to his deepest waters and brooded in
the old clean currents. He was very hungry that season"
<> from Fiat Voluntas Tua
--
BobF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #295
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts Austin R Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
I just don't care for how shrill it is.

Phenomenal bassist, though.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #296
Rustee
carbon based biped

Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop

Well as a moderate fan of Rush, I can say it's something I've struggled with, especially some their oldest stuff. But they were too good to ignore and what at first was tolerated even grew to appreciation at times. It's probably no accident however that LA Villa Strangiato is my favorite song of theirs.

Laissez-faire Moderator
Rustee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #297
BallisticSquid
Collab King

BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt BallisticSquid is the Gerbil up Richard Gere's butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
I just don't care for how shrill it is.

Phenomenal bassist, though.

Throughout the years, I've met people that thought the same. I just find it interesting because I never gave it any thought.

His voice isn't so shrill any more. Even back when I saw them in concert in '97, they had to drop the key of their older stuff. They did 2112 and it just sounded wrong.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #298
BallisticSquid
Collab King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustee View Post
Well as a moderate fan of Rush, I can say it's something I've struggled with, especially some their oldest stuff. But they were too good to ignore and what at first was tolerated even grew to appreciation at times. It's probably no accident however that LA Villa Strangiato is my favorite song of theirs.
I first heard La Villa on "Exit Stage Left". I was in awe when I first heard it and probably wore out the tape of it that a friend had given me.

"YYZ" still rules them all...and "2112".
Old 07-27-2015, 05:09 PM   #299
Jase
Off on a Tangent.

Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun Jase likes to run a cheese grater over their bare shins for fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustee View Post
Lifesons solo. That build up and frantic climax...like a good leg over.