Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 01-05-2018, 06:38 AM   #1
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Question Distortion Pedal Placement ?

Just got a Boss DS-1

I have a T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X -

Should I place this before my VL3X or after ?

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON Abo For A Good Time, Call 800-STRAPMEON

If you put it after you will distort all fx on it so I would say before but let your ears decide
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #3
KamaK
Retired

KamaK Just getting started

Typically, Gain/OD/Dist "after" MFX.

Your multiFX expects to process a plain old guitar signal. Give it a distorted signal and it may not work as intended (which can be genuinely interesting in some scenarios)

Quick question... Why on earth are you using a dist pedal with an MFX that has amp emulation?
KamaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
Hurricane Ramon

Thumbs up It Was A Gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaK View Post
Typically, Gain/OD/Dist "after" MFX.

Your multiFX expects to process a plain old guitar signal. Give it a distorted signal and it may not work as intended (which can be genuinely interesting in some scenarios)

Quick question... Why on earth are you using a dist pedal with an MFX that has amp emulation?

I wasn't going to get anything really I am happy with the T.C.Helicon unit's guitar FX package .The DS-1 was a gift from my daughter and I don't want to " disappoint her so's to speak .

The sound that Satriani / Vai and a whole host of other guitarists who use the DS-1 is what I want . My wonderful daughter heard me talking about that and , well she got it for me .

I was hoping for a phaser though heh heh heh .

Thanks for responding too .

EZ :

HR

It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Old 01-05-2018, 11:10 PM   #5
Hurricane Ramon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
If you put it after you will distort all fx on it so I would say before but let your ears decide
I'm gonna play around with the chain placement alright now with all these ideas I read here thanks .

EZ :

HR