Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 02-09-2018, 12:48 AM   #41
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child Cobalt has resourced their inner child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I remember he had to TTO. But it wouldn't make sense to have 2 sides open up for a single blade. I also vary vaguely just one cover that came down on the blade. Either he had 2 razors, or I'm having false memories. But I definitely don't recall him using a double edged blade. When I bought those single edged razors for my LP mod, it brought back immediate memories. I hadn't seen those blades in a million years.

You're trying to lull me into some kind of cult. I think you really live in Yelm. I'm cult-proof.
I used a razor like your Dads when I was a teenager. A double edge blade. My beard was tough and shaving was a pain. I had to stand in front of a sink for a good 15 minutes and use a washrag to soak my face with hot hot water and then shave. I still got a rash. What a pain. With the new blades today I shave in the shower and the water barely hits my face and I am done and no rash.

Why so much talk about shaving? There is no proof you even have a head?
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:11 AM   #42
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
I remember he had to TTO. But it wouldn't make sense to have 2 sides open up for a single blade. I also vary vaguely just one cover that came down on the blade. Either he had 2 razors, or I'm having false memories. But I definitely don't recall him using a double edged blade. When I bought those single edged razors for my LP mod, it brought back immediate memories. I hadn't seen those blades in a million years.

You're trying to lull me into some kind of cult. I think you really live in Yelm. I'm cult-proof.
You are just confused my son. Two sides could open up whether it was for a single blade or a double blade. It's just a single opening but two flaps open to reveal that opening.

I'm not aware of any that open like that though for single blades. There is just one company I think that made single blade safety razors. Most companies made razors for double blades.

Ebay is full of various vintage Gillette double blade razors.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:14 AM   #43
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I used a razor like your Dads when I was a teenager. A double edge blade. My beard was tough and shaving was a pain. I had to stand in front of a sink for a good 15 minutes and use a washrag to soak my face with hot hot water and then shave. I still got a rash. What a pain. With the new blades today I shave in the shower and the water barely hits my face and I am done and no rash.

There is even less proof that he needs to shave.

I doubt if your lack of a rash today has anything to do with the blade. You either know how to shave better now or your skin has cleared up from your teenage years.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:32 AM   #44
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

I've read you should never use a hot towel before shaving, because that makes your face "swell."

When I had kids, I used to shave at night, after they went to bed, to save time in the morning for them. I sometimes still do that. I might, at the end of the day, have a mini 5 o'clock shadow.

I need to practice shaving my body. I'm competing in the summer Olympics in swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
You are just confused my son. Two sides could open up whether it was for a single blade or a double blade. It's just a single opening but two flaps open to reveal that opening.

I'm not aware of any that open like that though for single blades. There is just one company I think that made single blade safety razors. Most companies made razors for double blades.

Ebay is full of various vintage Gillette double blade razors.
Oh, now you're Yoda. All the "Free" talk is thinly disguised language for FREEMASONS. I'm on to you. You need to change your username to Yelm.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #45
Seattle

Quote:
I've read you should never use a hot towel before shaving, because that makes your face "swell."

When I had kids, I used to shave at night, after they went to bed, to save time in the morning for them. I sometimes still do that. I might, at the end of the day, have a mini 5 o'clock shadow.

I need to practice shaving my body. I'm competing in the summer Olympics in swimming.

Oh, now you're Yoda. All the "Free" talk is thinly disguised language for FREEMASONS. I'm on to you. You need to change your username to Yelm.
When you learn the secret handshake we can talk. Until then, there are no Freemasons. That's just a myth, just like the Mafia.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:06 AM   #46
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
When you learn the secret handshake we can talk. Until then, there are no Freemasons. That's just a myth, just like the Mafia.
I'm way ahead of you: www.itanimulli.com

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote