Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 01-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #11
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Yeah, my lady's was a mess. It was her Auntie's and was stored in her mom's house on one of those high and hot little shelves that run around the ceiling of Hawaii bedrooms. When we opened it up after all those years, the bridge was popped off, the finish had turned black, tuners were frozen, and the top had a full length crack in it. I wrote it off. She said call Kamaka. It took 10 months to get it back but it is a jewel. Personally, my next ukulele if that time comes, will be a Kamaka Tenor. This one was a gold label too, but the label was so damaged that they put the newer white label on it. I was bummed about that, but this tiny thing is a cannon. I have all sizes and it outperforms and out louds all the others.

But this isn't about us, it's about the OP asking about high end. I'm sure you can buy even more expensive ukuleles with inlays and exotic woods other than Koa, but dollar for dollar, investment against investment, Kamaka is the real deal.

Last edited by Parralax view; 01-30-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Parralax view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:15 AM   #12
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Default Kamaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post

But this isn't about us, it's about the OP asking about high end. I'm sure you can buy even more expensive ukuleles
with inlays and exotic woods other than Koa, but dollar for dollar, investment against investment, Kamaka is the
real deal.

Main point is a Kamaka is a solid investment if you are really serious . Also great to know about the service being tops still even if it's on

" Hawaiian Time "

bra heh heh heh mahalo

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote