Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 02-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #1
Cobra

Cobra Just getting started
Default Fender “fat” strat

I my never ending search for a strat I have found one nearby on CL. It looks to be in excellent condition from the pics. I will take my amp and give it a go at my first chance when I return home. They want $350 for it. Is there anything I should be on the lookout for?
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I my never ending search for a strat I have found one nearby on CL. It looks to be in excellent condition from the pics. I will take my amp and give it a go at my first chance when I return home. They want $350 for it. Is there anything I should be on the lookout for?
Fret wear and dodgy trem.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Make certain the neck is straight.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #4
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

CL is all over the place as to photos, quality, what the instrument really looks and performs like. You will HAVE to see it in person and play it to know if it's worth the money. Seeing that CL posters have no idea of real worth, they will sometimes ask as much as new for a used instrument. Just take care and don't get drunk on the shiny, instead see the instrument for what it's worth and walk if it isn't. Remember that this is a MiM guitar not a MiA, that really doesn't make much difference to Us, but the seller might want USA fender pricing on it. Just be prepared and armed with the information should you actually get your hands on it.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:25 AM   #5
Cobra

Well I can honestly say I’ve never bought anything from CL and that is a good thing I guess. I have found two Strats for sale that I like, tried to contact both sellers and no reply. They are recent posts too!

Oh well back to the search...
Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #6
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I recounted recently about a guy out here that had 4 guitars for sale, good marks all, but he wanted a stupid $10,000 bucks for them. I asked him if he would sell the MIA strat alone, sure... $4,000 bucks. They's some loons out there waiting for a mark.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #7
Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post
I recounted recently about a guy out here that had 4 guitars for sale, good marks all, but he wanted a stupid $10,000 bucks for them. I asked him if he would sell the MIA strat alone, sure... $4,000 bucks. They's some loons out there waiting for a mark.
With any luck I have found my strat (see could it be thread in this section).

The two CL posters have yet to contact me and I smell a scam.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

If its pricey used Fenders that you like, I woyld check Fuitar Center's used inventory. They have an excellent return policy and they should have checked its authenticity already. If you buy from them, you get a free set up too.
littlebadboy is offline   Reply With Quote