Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #11
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKVeazey View Post
I've even got the original KUSTOM amp cover. Best $60 I ever spent for an amp.
Having the original cover is awesome, but "awesome" isnt even the right word for paying $60 for that amp. If you said it was $500, I'd say you stole it.
Quote:
They clearly didn't know what they had.
I LOVE when they dont know what they have (assuming 'they' sell it to me, haha)!!

So I got her nothing.
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

CCR used Kustom amps with padded exterior.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:43 AM   #13
Smith357

Smith357 Just getting started

Tuck and Roll Kustoms are Kewl, now if you could just get that dirty hippie off of it.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:30 AM   #14
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I had the full show Kustom tuck and roll 100 watt SS amp when they first came out. Big black head, big cab with 2X15"s and a horn... It was cool looking but not necessarily toneful.. Pretty dry, no verb, no nothing. Plug and play and add pedals if you had them, which most didn't at the time.

Beautiful thing it was.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #15
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillmoreNYC View Post
I dont doubt it for a second. Some of those older amps are built like tanks, and whether they are SS or tube, can sound jaw-dropping.

Agreed. That would be a very easy job. An amp tech could swap that cord out with a grounded cord in no time. The grounding prong simply gets attached to the chassis.

THAT BEING SAID... I always advise extreme caution anyone thinking of doing shit inside their amps if they're not VERY well versed regarding an amps innards (and Im not saying that you're not, PK).
However, Im sure you know that things can go wrong real quick.

Those caps store deadly voltage and will release that voltage to an unsuspecting finger, doing anything from hurting like a bitch (in NY, my amp tech used to call it getting a "snake bite"), to knocking a person on their ass, to potentially killing the recipient.

Working inside an amps guts is NOT something for the inexperienced.
Even with the power off?. Just turn power off jeez Louis... That's an Americanism lol.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Even with the power off?. Just turn power off jeez Louis... That's an Americanism lol.
(Jeez, LOUIS?? Haha, the Americanism is "Jeez Louise", lol!!
Louis dont give a shit about nothin'!! )

Wrong-o, Jase-man. Those caps can hold death-voltage for a long time... days and even weeks. Someone with fingers wandering around inside an amp (even one thats been unplugged for a few days) still needs to ensure the caps are fully drained of residual voltage.

Its like a shark laying around the shallow end of the beach.
"Louise" assumes Mr. Shark is dead cause Mr. Shark has not moved for a long time, even though Louis TOLD her the fucker might not be dead.
Louise goes in the water to take a "selfie" with Mr. Shark, cause she never listens to what Louis says.
Louise loses her head and shoulders (NOT her dandruff shampoo, BTW).

Louis: "I TOLD you Mr. Shark was NOT dead just cause he was laying around for a while. Next time maybe you'll listen, haha"??

Louise learns a lesson the hard way.

So I got her nothing.
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:20 AM   #17
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillmoreNYC View Post
(Jeez, LOUIS?? Haha, the Americanism is "Jeez Louise", lol!!
Louis dont give a shit about nothin'!! )

Wrong-o, Jase-man. Those caps can hold death-voltage for a long time... days and even weeks. Someone with fingers wandering around inside an amp (even one thats been unplugged for a few days) still needs to ensure the caps are fully drained of residual voltage.

Its like a shark laying around the shallow end of the beach.
"Louise" assumes Mr. Shark is dead cause Mr. Shark has not moved for a long time, even though Louis TOLD her the fucker might not be dead.
Louise goes in the water to take a "selfie" with Mr. Shark, cause she never listens to what Louis says.
Louise loses her head and shoulders (NOT her dandruff shampoo, BTW).

Louis: "I TOLD you Mr. Shark was NOT dead just cause he was laying around for a while. Next time maybe you'll listen, haha"??

Louise learns a lesson the hard way.

WOW! That must be a West Virginia Shark. Check out the missing front tooth.
PKVeazey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #18
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Compensating for something?.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #19
Jase
Principe del Galles

Quote:
Hahaha.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #20
Z. Wolf
Central Scrutinizer

Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Could be a hockey player, eh?