Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 05:59 AM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default Anyone Ever Lance/Pop Their Own Gum Abscess?

Yeah, self surgery isn't the brightest thing to do, but I've got this gum abscess probably from a tooth I've had THREE root canals on (so it's not the tooth per se that's infected).

I saw some YT vids where they explain it (one, by a dentist). I'm about to lose my mind with pain, and probably can get an emergency appt with a dentist tmmw, but the pain right now is driving me insane. I've started taken some penicillin from the LAST time that area was infected.

Just curious. This can ruin my whole weekend, and while I can do some some epically risky things, I don't want to die of a massive infection that goes straight to my brain.

I kinda did it once to myself by just squeezing the hell out of it, but this one will need a needle to drain it. I'll follow up- ideally with a dentist tmmw, but that's not guaranteed.

I have a really high pain threshold, but I'm losing my mind here.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:01 AM   #2
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

I'd disinfect a needle and carefully give it a shot.
Seattle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 AM   #3
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
I'd disinfect a needle and carefully give it a shot.
It needs to ripen a bit. But, by tomorrow, I may have a dentist do it.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #4
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

smilie has been blocked for this thread
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:14 AM   #5
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
I've started taken some penicillin from the LAST time that area was infected.
Listerine, or any mouth rinse can help. Listerine and other rinses kill germs and are pretty safe to use.

I'd pop the abscess with a needle. Numb your gums with whiskey if you need to.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

I had the same problem a while back. The tooth ended up cracked in the bottom. 2 root canals worth of $$ wasted.

I'm pretty sure it was cracked as a result of the 2nd canal procedure.

Oh well.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #7
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Hey, gum abscesses may cause heart problems. Have it checked immediately.
littlebadboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:44 PM   #8
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
Listerine, or any mouth rinse can help. Listerine and other rinses kill germs and are pretty safe to use.

I'd pop the abscess with a needle. Numb your gums with whiskey if you need to.

Yeah, I have listerine. I don't have whiskey, and I can take pain pretty well. It's pretty hard now, so it'll blow up on its own. But the nagging pain is really annoying, and giv- gave me a headache, and I rarely get headaches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
I had the same problem a while back. The tooth ended up cracked in the bottom. 2 root canals worth of $$ wasted.

I'm pretty sure it was cracked as a result of the 2nd canal procedure.

Oh well.
I've had a minimum of 3 root canals, and probably 4 crowns on this one, damn, problematic tooth. The last root canal/crown, within last 3 years. I told the doc I wanted the freaking thing extracted, but he said let's give it one more try.

I know it's food that keeps getting trapped under the gum line, or, just plain bacteria. It normally just goes away, but this one has gotten to the abscess stage, and that's not a good thing. I know a great oral surgeon who extracted all the wisdom teeth of my kids. My son's appointment was tentative because the doc was summoned for jury duty, but I know people, and got him deferred for a year, so he was grateful for that. I'm sure he'd treat me well without the favor.

I have limited dental coverage through my job, so if I see a dentist for the abscess today, I'm gonna ask for a recommendation for an oral surgeon to have the thing yanked- I need prior approval for oral surgery.

Still, I've laid out of pocket about 3 American Strats worth of $ in dental work on this one tooth alone. It's a rear molar, and I'm not getting an implant. I've had oral surgery for an impacted wisdom tooth, and that was hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
smilie has been blocked for this thread
https://www.google.com/search?q=gum+...rrZFIS8CtLZxIM - mine is just a little bit bigger than that, and all the way in the back. So even if it was ripe enough for popping, it's kinda hard to get to. The doc's office opens in about 20 mins. I hope they respond to my message.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

There were no fix options for mine. And yeah, several grand went into it.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
Silimtao
Baaand

The doc's website says he's open, but they're not answering. I'm just gonna barge in there. He's not my regular dentist, but I've seen him on an emergency basis. His office manager is a sweetheart, and he's really good, but doesn't participate in my plan.

It's often hard to say no to someone's face, so I don't have much to lose.

I'll never understand why dental isn't considered "medical" for insurance purposes. People can die from infections, and we get operated on by dentists.