Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
Mr. G.
Grizzled Veteran

Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them

Oh man! That was some good ass!!!! Nice and juicy and very tender.... just melted in my mouth. Only problem is, I ate waaaaaaaay too much!

If anybodies interested in how I cooked it... I marinated it in some apple juice, a touch of honey and molasses, a bit of Dale's, and some BBQ seasoning, over night. Took it out of the fridge about an hour before grill time... covered it in a BBQ dry rub... after it sat out (in a plastic bag) for about 30 minutes or so, I put it onto the grill, which was sitting at ~240 degrees F.... cooked it for about 5~6 hours, until the internal temp was close to 200 degrees F. I basted it in an apple/butter/rye(crown royal) sauce every 30-45 minutes for the last 2 hours of cooking time. I also kept a tray of water under it to keep it moist.

My grill has 4 burners on it, so I kept the outer two burners on low, and the inner burners turned off. A charcoal grill with some soaked wood chips for smoke would have been much better, but I don't have a charcoal grill at the moment.
Effects: Boss GT-100
Band: Whisky Business
Mr. G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #12
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G. View Post
Oh man! That was some good ass!!!! Nice and juicy and very tender.... just melted in my mouth. Only problem is, I ate waaaaaaaay too much!

If anybodies interested in how I cooked it... I marinated it in some apple juice, a touch of honey and molasses, a bit of Dale's, and some BBQ seasoning, over night. Took it out of the fridge about an hour before grill time... covered it in a BBQ dry rub... after it sat out (in a plastic bag) for about 30 minutes or so, I put it onto the grill, which was sitting at ~240 degrees F.... cooked it for about 5~6 hours, until the internal temp was close to 200 degrees F. I basted it in an apple/butter/rye(crown royal) sauce every 30-45 minutes for the last 2 hours of cooking time. I also kept a tray of water under it to keep it moist.

My grill has 4 burners on it, so I kept the outer two burners on low, and the inner burners turned off. A charcoal grill with some soaked wood chips for smoke would have been much better, but I don't have a charcoal grill at the moment.
Remind me to tell you I hate you. Y'know what foods I like from Canada? When I used to go to Montreal (with my wife, the cow), her aunts would make "tortiere" (sp?) meat pies, they were great. And..I think they're called spiced meat sandwiches. Kinda like pastrami, but better. You've never had good pastrami until you've had N.Y pastrami.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your day!
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:14 AM   #13
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Does Quebec celebrate CD, or do they still think they're a sovereign nation?
Both, really.

Actually, I was out wandering the Canada Day street festival right by my place, and some lady said it was not only Canada's birthday, but also Quebec City's. Canada is 141, whereas Quebec City is 400. Kinda makes you think. No, wait -- drink.

I had to work a few hours today, but I'm told it's worth double time and a half. And all I did was play computer games anyway, because who wants to see a stupid quasi-educational movie when there is street-partying to be done?

Happy Canada Day, my fellow Canuck and half-nuck.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #14
Revenge of the Naked Ape
Tinnitus Merit Badge

Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools

A little belated, but yere ya go!
Revenge of the Naked Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #15
Akira

Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

It'd be great if the U.K. had some sort of patriotic national day.

Actually it'd be shit, everyone would just be arguing over the definition of being British.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #16
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

But in order to set the date, you need a date on which your nation began. Hasn't England just been there forever?
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #17
Akira

Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
But in order to set the date, you need a date on which your nation began. Hasn't England just been there forever?
I was about to write a load of stuff about England's history but then I realised that England has actually been around forever.

Yay for eternal existance.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
jeffhx
pie eyed piper

jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts

happy uber late canada day

im having a coffee for you folks wooot
jeffhx is offline   Reply With Quote