Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-05-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default Happy Independence Day!

To my fellow Americanos. Hot, humid, cloudy weather here. So no BBQs for me. My wife has the kids this weekend, so I've just been chillin'. She pawned the kids off onto other people so she can sleep all day. Wasted trip to Guitar Center for their big 4th of July Sale!. Unless you wanted cheap $5 guitar stands, nothing much was on sale.

Anyway, to my friends where it's legal to have fireworks, don't blow yourself up. It's not legal for individuals to set off fireworks here without a permit. I was invited to watch the Macy's fireworks extravaganza, but I've seen it a million times and it's just too damn hot out. Was just glad to have the day off.

I'm posting basically because I'm bored. In about an hr. I'm gonna be hearing fireworks. Americans are good at blowing things up.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:14 AM   #2
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Happy Fourth of July, you wacky Yanks. I celebrated your nation's independence by buying an EHX Memory Man.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
Akira

Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Happy 4th of July.

I celebrated your nation's independence by being over zealous with Fig Rolls.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Missinova
Official PRSplaya Groupie

Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies

Happy 4th of July to all south of the border...

I celebrated by going with my husband to his immigration meeting and now he is a fully legal resident of Canada now... official on the 4th of July.. how ironic.. lol

Soli Deo Gloria
Missinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Happy Fourth of July, you wacky Yanks. I celebrated your nation's independence by buying an EHX Memory Man.
You mean there's no July 4 on your calendar, earthman?
Old 07-05-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. G. View Post
Happy 4th of July to all south of the border...

I celebrated by going with my husband to his immigration meeting and now he is a fully legal resident of Canada now... official on the 4th of July.. how ironic.. lol
Hey, hey- there's some kind of trade deficit going on. If you take an American, you have to take a Canadian back!

Take my wife, please!

Damn NAFTA agreement.....
Old 07-05-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
You mean there's no July 4 on your calendar, earthman?
No, I black it out. It is indeed a dark day.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
jeffhx
pie eyed piper

jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts

happy american day yay

im also having a coffee on behalf of you good folks here
jeffhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #9
Skeleton Keys
Dorian's Deviant

Skeleton Keys Just getting started

Yay for independance, hotdogs and alchohal! It was rainy all day yesterday, and if that were'nt enough to suck, when my family and I went out to see the local fireworks, those over D.C, we were befudeled to notice that the smoke from the fireworks we were witnessing began to obscure our view: There was a pretty big cloud of nothing but spent sulfur sitting in the atmosphere, covering up the rest of the fireworks, and as more and more of them went off, the harder and harder it got to see them. What the fuck. I'll bet fireworks are better on television anyway.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton Keys View Post
What the fuck. I'll bet fireworks are better on television anyway.
They are. When it's muggy and a billion people around, I'd rather be anywhere else. When my kids were younger, I'd go, but city kids get bored easily. My son did watch the Macy's fireworks from a friend's rooftop. Best thing about holidays here is the city empties out and there's mostly tourists walking around with their maps. I prefer to get out of the city myself. Last year, I took my kids to a dude ranch..in PA I think. Then it rained cats and dogs on the 4th, and the fireworks show had to be canceled.

I often go to a friend's house who lives on the Jersey shore who invites me and the family down for the 4th, but the cow had the kids this year. I wish I had gone down the shore even with the bad weather.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.