Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
jimmy peters

jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop
Cool Still laughing

What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you or your band while on a gig?

jimmy peters-oldest fart

Last edited by Akira; 07-19-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: got rid of all caps
jimmy peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
HDJ
Re-newed Senior Member

HDJ The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking HDJ The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Let's see.....
1. Playing a show in Raleigh NC, I turned around to face our drummer for a second, took a few steps backwards and fell right off the stage, landed flat on my back.....got some kudos from people for not missing a lick...Luckily that stage was only about 3 feet off the floor....Oh, and right after I landed on my back, this one guy came running over to check on me, saw that I was fine and he then proceeded to grab my foot and drag me around the floor on my back....I just kept on playing, we knew the guy....

2. Our singer has a tendency to jump off the stage into the crowd. Well, this one show he did just that, he took a few steps out into the crowd and his mic cable got caught up around a monitor and it jerked him backwards.....doesn't sound all that funny, but if you saw it, you'd still be laughing......and to add to that, when he went to jump back up on stage, he had to try like 3 times before he made it.

3. Like 15 years ago in my first band, our singer decided to hang from the rafters above the stage......he got his foot caught in the rafters and couldn't get it loose. We had to climb up and get his dumb ass down between songs.....

I have more, but will list them later as I think of them.....
HDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #3
Akira

Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

One time right in the middle of a song, the bassist forgot what he was meant to be playing.

Everyone carried on playing, and I just expected him to improvise something in.

But he didn't.

After about 4 bars I turned to look at him, he just looked at me and did an over exaggerated shrug.

That was my last gig with that lot.

Last edited by Akira; 07-19-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

I remember before our first show we worked out all these things we would do onstage to keep it interesting, and one of them was to have Michael and I rub our instruments together during this one break in a song to get some crazy bass/guitar grinding sounds.

At all our practices it seemed pretty cool, what with our frenzied antics and whatnot. But when the show came around, I had to borrow one of the other bands' amps, as mine wasn't big enough to fill the whole place with sound. Then the break came in the song, and I was supposed to let my guitar feed back as we did the stupid guitar/bass thing. But not being used to the amp, I COULD NOT GET IT TO FEED BACK. So the atmosphere wasn't really there, and no one in the audience seemed even remotely pumped, as we expected them to be (for some reason). So Luke looked at me from behind his drums with this panicked look on his face, like "Do something!" I looked at Michael, and he was cautiously approaching me. I started shaking my head fervently, in an effort to back off, but of course he did not (most of you know what he's like). So we did the stupid thing anyway, and I think all we got out of it were a bunch of "what the hell are they doing?"s from the audience.

BEST BAND EVER.

spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #5
Akira

Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Lmfao.

I can only imagine how awkward that would have felt.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #6
Skeleton Keys
Dorian's Deviant

Skeleton Keys Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Lmfao.

I can only imagine how awkward that would have felt.
I second this statement. Shit. Lmao.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

Hmm... i always thought that pic was just a result of your guys sexret gay crush on one another.
iiholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

No, that was just a nice bonus.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
jimmy peters

jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop
Red face WHAT !!!---NO GUITAR

i had a group 4 guys - drums -bass rythem(vocals)-and lead-(ME).
our bass player was the week link in the group,and this sat night i was going to fire him.
about 10 min. to 9:00 i went to tune my guitar and realized i had left it at home. my bass player immediately said to my wife, "lets go righr now and get it".so we did the first set with -vocals-rythem guitar and lead -& drums.
that was the last time i ever fired anybody on a shownight.
talk about being embarrested----

jimmy

jimmy peters-oldest fart
jimmy peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
Guitarist
The neighborhood's punk.

Guitarist The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Guitarist The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Guitarist The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Guitarist The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Guitarist The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy peters View Post
What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you or your band while on a gig?

It wasn't on a gig, but we were going to Utah from California in a charter bus with A LOT of guys, and whenever one fell asleep, we would all write on his face,usually it was a dick. We would always have people spotting us. this one guy didnt even notice till we stopped to eat, and we told the cashier lady to go along with it, which she did. but her giggling gave it away

Last edited by Guitarist; 05-25-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Guitarist is offline   Reply With Quote