Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-25-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
Missinova
Official PRSplaya Groupie

Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies Missinova feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton Keys View Post
American phsyco was the shit, yes. I pretty much enjoy all of Bale's flicks, for what I've seen.
Erm...

Amer. Physco
The New World
The Machinist
Batman Series

And I totally agree with the bit about not recreating The Godfather, becuase any attempt to do so would fail miserabley, not matter who was casted or directed or anything. And I would be suprised to see Mario Puzo work on it if they ever did.

The Machinist.. That was one messed up movie... Really good though.. I liked it alot.. but messed up completely.

Soli Deo Gloria
Missinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 PM   #22
Skeleton Keys
Dorian's Deviant

Skeleton Keys Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. G. View Post
The Machinist.. That was one messed up movie... Really good though.. I liked it alot.. but messed up completely.
Anything worth watching nowadays is messed up.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #23
The Smitchens
Villainous Mastermind

The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeleton Keys View Post
Anything worth watching nowadays is messed up.
History's got its fair share of messed up movies too. Deliverance, Deer Hunter, Breakin.
The Smitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #24
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

I think NO MOVIES SHOULD BE REMADE, EVER.

Well I dunno, there are probably some that could be alright if remade. But I really hate how just about every movie these days is a remake of an already decent movie or a sequel to a movie that was not. Seems like no one has any original ideas these days.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

I'm gonna try to catch the flick today if I can get tickets. $11.50 for a freaking movie! $8.50 for kids! Outrageous.

I agree the Godfather can't and should never be remade.

I'd put Casablanca on the list.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.

Last edited by Silimtao; 07-26-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typo
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #26
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life
Default OK, saw The Dark Knight

My son wanted to see Hellboy, but that was sold out. I had wanted to see The Dark Knight anyway, since it got such great reviews. No spoilers here, just some comments-

Edit: possible spoiler taken out. A guy I used to work with was a comic book collector, and I read a bunch; Batman was kinda schizo; the series could have been called the Dark Knight. They were cool.

I thought casting was kinda strange. The female love interest I thought was a weird choice.

When I had read about Keith Ledger's death, there was a lot of speculation that him playing the Joker being such a lunatic drove him over the edge. Dunno, I just don't see it.

The special effects were pretty cool. I still think Christian Bale as Batman was a weird choice. I don't know what women see in him (maybe that's a good thing?). He was ok, but I just didn't see him as Batman. I've only seen him in a few movies and think he's a good actor- American Psycho was sick. It was a pretty long movie by today's standards, about 2 1/2 hrs.

But the bottom line is my son enjoyed it and wasn't disappointed.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #27
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
I think NO MOVIES SHOULD BE REMADE, EVER.

Well I dunno, there are probably some that could be alright if remade. But I really hate how just about every movie these days is a remake of an already decent movie or a sequel to a movie that was not. Seems like no one has any original ideas these days.
The last 20 or so years of my grandma's life she dedicated to pirating movies off cable. Being oldish she recorded a lot of older 30s-50s movies. You'd be surprise how many movies you've seen that are actually remakes of a movie that is getting to be 60 to 70 years old.
iiholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #28
The Smitchens
Villainous Mastermind

The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public

Technically, if we never did remakes, wouldn't that mean that Adam West's Batman would be the definitive?
The Smitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:38 AM   #29
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Not really, since every Batman movie has had a (sort of) different plot.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:19 AM   #30
impure

impure Just getting started

Okay hope I'm not spoiling anything..

I used to be a fan of Batman.. Watched the old animated series and thats what I base batman off of.

The story was excellent. Den'ts role was so complex it took me some time to realize the whole film revolves around him.

Bale's batman voice was good to me. Commissioner Gordon was way too young. Joker was too serious. I like what they did with Harvey Dent in this film. In a way, he was truly the main character.

Comments with potential spoilers:
I'm pretty sure commissioner Gordon had a daughter who eventually becomes batgirl, but she did not even exist in this film. I think there was a scene where Gordon had been killed and the police went to his home and his wife said to his son "Go play with your sister" but I don't remember her ever making an appearance.

I like the way they went realistic with two-face's face actually burnt instead of the bubbly-purple-lumpy stuff. The same with the joker just putting on make-up instead of his skin turning white and hair turning green. I think two-faces coin would have a better effect if the director kept it cut-up instead of deciding to burn it instead.

And one last thing, Joker did was wayy too serious to me. His performance as a villain was great, he wasn't just a regular thug he was a villain. however he wasn't the joker i've known. Watch mask of the phantasm.

Last edited by impure; 07-30-2008 at 01:22 AM.
impure is offline   Reply With Quote