Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls
Default Fucking asshole school

Sooo I finally got my shit semi-together in terms of what I want to take in school -- a process which took no less than 4 straight hours, I may add -- and now I'm finding out I can't register until August 7th, for some reason. Everyone I know who goes to my school has already registered or is within the next couple days, but I haven't even gotten a letter from them yet saying when I have to register. The only reason I know is because when I tried the online thing, it said "YOU MAY NOT REGISTER UNTIL AFTER 10:15 AM 08/07/08."

Every course I picked out is filling up as we speak, meaning my 4 hours of careful timetabling will have to be redone by the time I'm good to go anyway. I'm sure as fuck not paying a year's tuition to take classes I have zero interest in when the school doesn't even have the decency to shoot me an e-mail in response to my "where's my registration letter?" one.

You may have just witnessed the end of my formal schooling.

Fuck you, University of Winnipeg.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
jeffhx
pie eyed piper

jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts jeffhx Has Anal Warts

hah i can relate... my uni tends to slack in that kind of admin area too...i almost missed my timetabling if it weren't for a friend who notified me just hours before it opened online for scheduling when in the official page it clearly stated that it would not be open until a few more days...

oh yeah and lecturers/tutors also have habits pertaining to their apparent dislike in replying emails

being an international student im paying up to 3 times more the amount for courses when compared with locals
jeffhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
ren
I have an Ibanez problem

ren Just getting started

My sister has just finished her first year at Uni... and chose all the courses (modules / whatever) that she wants to do in year 2. She chose 5 in total from a list provided by the English department and registered in plenty of time...

Then a week ago (well in to vacation time) she got a letter telling her that 3 of the modules she had chosen had been cancelled. The English dept. had changed their mind apparently... nice. She is now in a similar boat... she has to pick from the remaining courses with anyone who didn't pick the 3 modules that have been cancelled having already registered, so the choice is limited and only the courses no-one else wanted are available...

How teachers can be so dumb is beyond me... so while we're offering the big 'Fuck You'... the University of Sheffield, UK can have one from me... on my sister's behalf.

Hope yours pans out OK earthman...
ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
Akira

Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Akira The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

My uni also has a shit admin service, it drives me insane.

When it comes to hand in day, I can only hand my work in between 1:15pm and 4pm as a certain woman has to be there to take it.

You know what she does?

Gives you a piece of paper to sign and then puts it in a box.

I wonder how many years of study she undertook to be qualified enough to put stuff in a box.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #5
The Smitchens
Villainous Mastermind

The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public The Smitchens likes to masturbate in public

I never went to college. Don't plan on it either. All my goals don't mandate it, so I don't have to deal with the pains.
The Smitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
iiholly

iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard iiholly is an unapologetic snarky bastard

Where I go upperclassmen have priority as to registering for classes. This may be why you have to wait. That... or they just don't like kids who wear yellow jeans.
I'm always late to register because I'm bad with dates and what not. After this semester what i need to take is narrowing so I need to stop being so booger brained about it.
iiholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Well I talked to the university pricks yesterday, and they said it goes in order of how many credit hours you already have. Since I didn't take a full course load last year, I'm pretty low down on the list. That and not having declared a major yet.

But I dunno, I still think it's dumb. Declaring a major is pointless, because you can change it at any time you like. And I had like a 4.2 GPA last year, how about some special treatment?

Fuckerzz.
spacedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
Mr. G.
Grizzled Veteran

Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them

how the hell do you manage a 4.2 GPA?
Effects: Boss GT-100
Band: Whisky Business
Mr. G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
Hunter60

Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass

I went to Asshole school for about a semester. The teachers stunk and the classes were a pain in the ass.

Guardian, Warrior, Friend. You will be loved and missed always.
Hunter60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #10
Hunter60

Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass Hunter60 Sucks butter from a skanks ass

I had originally thought about telling stories about Fucking Asshole school but that's post-graduate work and I am still working on my enterance essay. It starts "Dear Sirs, I am practically giddy with the prospects of attending Fucking Asshole School and am more than willing to do whatever it takes to breach your hallowed halls..."

What do you think?

Guardian, Warrior, Friend. You will be loved and missed always.
Hunter60 is offline   Reply With Quote