Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Guitars

Old 01-15-2018, 02:22 AM   #41
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
You're really trying to tempt me, eh? An awesome vid I saw was a guy using a synth- GR55? Wow, they sound great. I play a little sax and flute (not in 30 years though), and love the sound of a sax. I've heard of Prostar... This is one I'd have to actually feel and play to get an idea. I'm gonna mentally bookmark this guitar.

I'll check again, but the last time I was at the PO, they only had small boxes labeled Priority Mail. Yep, I just checked the smallest boxes I took all say Priority on them. In the meantime, I have a crapload of Amazon boxes I may be able to use.

More importantly, I gotta make sure I have enough guitar sized boxes to send guitars. It only makes sense for me to buy more guitars to ensure I have the proper boxes to reuse, right?

If I didn't have this damn abscess, I'd have had the 339, Materbilt & CV strat listed. I can't even find all my pedals. I think my kid was fed up seeing all my gear spread out, boxed them up, and put them somewhere. It's not like I live in a mansion either.
Find out how much those Priority fixed price boxes cost. It might be less than you are paying Ground.

I bought some guitars before I sold another one just for the timing of having the box. My luck eventually ran out and I had to go and buy some guitar boxes.

Yes, I'm trying to temp you. Start with the Danelectro U2 first...baby steps.

https://reverb.com/item/8899812-dane...-1990-s-salmon

Last edited by Seattle; 01-15-2018 at 02:29 AM.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:27 AM   #42
Seattle

Quote:
Seattle, we may have to stop taking. http://www.proaudiostar.com/catalogs...+String+Guitar

I've always heard good things about Godins, and a guitar playing friend said they're great. I think he bought a headless Godin, like Holdsworth. I was with him at a Sam Ash. Over 2 grand. The taxes kill us here.
It only hurts when you struggle. Prostar is also good about dealing. They were selling my "open box" for $650 with free shipping. I offered $600 and they took it right away.

Certain models just aren't popular with the general public and if it's what you want it's easier to get a deal. Especially from a dealer where they just want to move stuff.

I added a link up above...
Old 01-15-2018, 03:37 AM   #43
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Find out how much those Priority fixed price boxes cost. It might be less than you are paying Ground.

I bought some guitars before I sold another one just for the timing of having the box. My luck eventually ran out and I had to go and buy some guitar boxes.

Yes, I'm trying to temp you. Start with the Danelectro U2 first...baby steps.

Quote:
It only hurts when you struggle. Prostar is also good about dealing. They were selling my "open box" for $650 with free shipping. I offered $600 and they took it right away.

Certain models just aren't popular with the general public and if it's what you want it's easier to get a deal. Especially from a dealer where they just want to move stuff.

I added a link up above...
You're not helping my hoarderdom. When I tell my son "Seattle said it was a bargain!" He'll hunt you down, and throttle you. Ha, like father, like son. HE's been arrested too...

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:59 AM   #44
Seattle

Quote:
You're not helping my hoarderdom. When I tell my son "Seattle said it was a bargain!" He'll hunt you down, and throttle you. Ha, like father, like son. HE's been arrested too...
I'm trying to help you "right size" You need to sell everything so that you can buy fewer guitars but ones you actually play. You'll both thank me eventually.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:17 AM   #45
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
I'm trying to help you "right size" You need to sell everything so that you can buy fewer guitars but ones you actually play. You'll both thank me eventually.
Ha, right size for me is normally go big, or go home. But I'm working on it...

Right now, I'm just trying figure out how to print a shipping label. I screwed up, voided it, and PP is holding my $ now. If I was paid for the hours I've put in, I'm losing a ton of money.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:34 AM   #46
Seattle

Quote:
Ha, right size for me is normally go big, or go home. But I'm working on it...

Right now, I'm just trying figure out how to print a shipping label. I screwed up, voided it, and PP is holding my $ now. If I was paid for the hours I've put in, I'm losing a ton of money.
Learning curve amigo, learning curve.

I get paranoid with the shipping labels too. You pay $60 (or whatever) you press "print" and you have a network issue, you press the wrong button or whatever and it suddenly isn't so user friendly.

It reminds me of old fashion "vending machines". You put money in, push a button, and nothing happens. You kick the machine but all that happens is you hurt your foot.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:52 AM   #47
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
A HUGE pet peeve of mine, is when someone shits on someone's "cheap" gear. I grew up poor, and know what it's like doing without. Maybe that's why I've gone nuts and bought so many guitars the last bunch of years. I literally want to punch someone in the face when they lord their expensive gear over someone else. Anyway...
Quote:
I didn't grow up "poor" or I didn't feel that way, anyway but it did grow up where money was tight...
Same way here. I grew up in a 3rd world country. It's one of those countries our Pres would call a "shithole". Buying a Korean-made was already a luxury over there... well, for me that is. It's a place where the poor becomes poorer, the rich becomes richer, and the poor who becomes rich - are still treated as poor.

So, if someone "shits on my cheap gear" now, it's okay. I'm used to it. Importantly, I'm happy with them.
littlebadboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #48
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:

Everything looks tilted, because I live on a boat.
Did you move again???

I sold everything I don't play, and still have 8. Space is at a premium here on the island, I can't imagine what it's like in New York! Maintenance is also a real PITA out here with the humidity.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #49
Silimtao
Baaand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
Did you move again???

I sold everything I don't play, and still have 8. Space is at a premium here on the island, I can't imagine what it's like in New York! Maintenance is also a real PITA out here with the humidity.
No, lol. Over time, I just kept bring guitars out into my living room. I live like a fratboy.

But I'm thinning the herd. I've sold 2 guitars and 2 pedals in the past month, and gave one away in Nov. Baby steps.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #50
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal St.Fill is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
So, if someone "shits on my cheap gear" now, it's okay. I'm used to it. Importantly, I'm happy with them.
And ^^THATS^^ the bottom line, LBB. Dont let anyone tell you that your gear "isnt good enough".

Props to you!!

Then, of course, you just HAD to speak, didnt you??
St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote