Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 11-10-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default Kids

These little kids were in the audience today. They had an attention span of about a minute. So we played kids songs for them - Old McDonald Had A Farm and Itsy Bitsy Spider and some others. Now, we never ever practice those songs. But the kids were dancing and sat in chairs to watch for a few minutes. The kids must drive the parents nuts.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
cheezyridr
Banned

cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out

dude - i betcha those kids, are not really kids at all. what they really are is midget hipsters. they were being ironic. actually they like bands we've never heard of.
cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

This made me think of the Grateful Dead Documentary I watched a while back. Before the days of CPS and OSHA, there is the crew, after the concert, tearing down their considerably overblown set.. and little two and three yr. olds are wandering around the scaffolding, climbing the stage with pipes flying all round as the scaffold comes down... now days... ERBODY including the band would be in jail...;-)
Old 11-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
SustaiNZ
Exquisite Member

SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Ahhh, kids...The best days were when each of ours turned 18, and we bought them each a suitcase and a 1-way bus ticket to the destination of their choosing.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SustaiNZ View Post
Ahhh, kids...The best days were when each of ours turned 18, and we bought them each a suitcase and a 1-way bus ticket to the destination of their choosing.
And then you remembered, way too late to take necessary action, you forgot to change the locks.
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #6
SustaiNZ
Exquisite Member

SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellcose View Post
And then you remembered, way too late to take necessary action, you forgot to change the locks.
I knew we forgot something. Dammit, I hate when that happens!

On the other hand, we did get a pit bull with AIDS, trained on their scents to mercilessly attack should any one of them attempt to return uninvited.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
Mr. Boston
Super Moderator

Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts

Funny kid story (I have hundreds, stories that is, not kids). Since my son was born I've sang him lullabies just about every night of his life. He's nearing 4-years-old now and while the songlist has changed here and there, one of the near constant tunes has always been the Grateful Dead's "Casey Jones," because it fits right in my vocal range, it's fun to sing, but you can take it slow and soothing and it's one of the songs that never fails to calm him down.

He's starting to get a lot more perceptive about plot and dialog in TV shows and movies AND more and more inquisitive about the meanings of song lyrics. I've always had a good head for remembering lyrics which, far more than the quality of my voice, is why I've usually been the singer in most of the bands I've played with.

Anyway, seems little Ben has the same ability to retain words, even those he doesn't fully comprehend the meaning of. One morning a few weeks ago when I dropped him off at school on my way to work, one of the teachers asked him what he did over the weekend, and without missing a beat he said, "I was driving that train, high on cocaine."

Fun times.

Anyhow all hope is not lost. Sure, we rely on our phones a lot more than we'd like as a "shut up in the backseat," device. But this kid and most of his little friends have solid cognitive abilities. I'm optimistic about this new generation overall. It's the kids 10 years older than him I'm worried about.
Mr. Boston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
cheezyridr
Banned

cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boston View Post
One morning a few weeks ago when I dropped him off at school on my way to work, one of the teachers asked him what he did over the weekend, and without missing a beat he said, "I was driving that train, high on cocaine."

Fun times.

HHAAAAAAA TOO FUNNY!!!!

reminds me of myself as a kid. i remember asking my mom (you'll now see where i get the smart-ass gene from) "hey mom, what do you wanna be when you grow up? she replied "a stripper". well, being a 6 yr old, i had no idea what a stripper was. so the next day in school it came up, and i told the class i was going to be an airplane pilot, and my mom was gonna be a stripper. my mom was not pleased by the resulting phone call. hahahahaha
cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote