Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 12-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #11
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by no talent hack View Post
You don't want to get back together with that singer anyway. Until he gets clean from the booze and talks to a head shrinker he's always going to be just one drink away from being psychotic.
You said it all, 'hack. As far as I can tell, he's a LONG way away from being clean n sober. He's a pretty decent guy overall...but one drink, and he goes postal to a degree that makes justin beeber on crack look like Deepak Chopra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudos1 View Post
So tough to make the band thing work. Just keep playing and watching CL for like minded folks...
Yup. Though in my locale - a teeny town about 60 miles east of the Middle Of Nowhere - there ain't much around, especially since - like most of the USA - most everyone is completely absorbed in trying to get by.
So...I "play with myself", do open mic's (I do the solo singer/guitar thing), and hopefully get my recording setup back together soon...

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #12
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

The famous "That Guy" syndrome. I don't think I would miss him too much. If he doesn't possess enough control to keep his demons at bay, he would have flaked out on you at the very worst possible time band wise. On stage, or never show up for a gig.

Regardless of how you feel about performing or not getting to, you don't need that guy.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #13
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post
The famous "That Guy" syndrome. I don't think I would miss him too much. If he doesn't possess enough control to keep his demons at bay, he would have flaked out on you at the very worst possible time band wise. On stage, or never show up for a gig.
Regardless of how you feel about performing or not getting to, you don't need that guy.
Yup. You said it. And I know it.
I'm just disappointed 'cuz it's been eons since I was in a band; this one was good; lotsa fun...but I think that's over now...

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote