Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 04-04-2015, 11:12 PM   #31
Borodog

Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Did not mean to start a fight. Just venting about being confined to a car listening to music I (intensely) dislike.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #32
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

It's the same if you have daughters. Oh those times of fighting over the CDs while I'm driving wanting to listen to Leo Kottke while they continually changed to some dork with a symbol in their made up name.

Banish to the back seat and hide any remote is the way to go.
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #33
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

When we go out for runs in the car, and there is a song my daughter likes I'll turn it up for her. I could say its shit ignore her and turn my own on full blast...I think our American friend's would call that being a full fucking douche.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:28 AM   #34
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
B King, McD's, or T Bell ?
Wendy's
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #35
Underdog
...just sayin...

Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
Wendy's
White Castle

Forum co - admin
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:34 AM   #36
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
White Castle

Forum co - admin
Belly Bombs!

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:38 AM   #37
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr46 View Post
It's not all good and it's not subjective. Some, in fact most all, popular music today is very, very bad. The relativism they been teaching in school for sometime has destroyed popular culture. If it's all the same there's nothing great and I'm only interested in great music, books, art, movies etc.

I'd rather listen to 30, 40 year old Pink Floyd albums for the 10,000th time, than listen to most of today's garbage music for 90 seconds.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #38
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Would you be able to say it face to face ....hey your shit/garbage.

Imagine going into members tunes here and saying someone's tune is shit because its not what you usually listen to. You won't here because its fucked up and we know each other, but some kid singing some pop song who you know nothing about is fair game.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 AM   #39
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Would you be able to say it face to face ....hey your shit/garbage.

Imagine going into members tunes here and saying someone's tune is shit because its not what you usually listen to. You won't here because its fucked up and we know each other, but some kid singing some pop song who you know nothing about is fair game.
Like I said before. Just because a piece of music isn't what you usually listen to, or is different in style from what you like, doesn't make it bad.
But...like I said before...shyt is shyt.

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote