Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #21
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Best thing is to start here. Many of the Urban Campuses are usually pretty shaky crime wise. But you have to check each school individually, even some county schools, U Florida in Gainesville used to have one of the highest campus crime rates in the US when I checked 10-15 years. It was 80% rape which is really a reflection on the culture as much as on the crime rate.

As joepa said about Penn State it's large crowded campus. Still has a great rep, beautiful campus and is in in a good location. Check out class sizes as well, smaller classes make a big difference. I went to a small Private school, the U, with tiny classes usually 10-15 at most, but paid Harvard prices to do it. Ohio State was/is/changes by year, the largest group of students in the US in one place, OK school, I would not go to any of the big crowded campuses, but that's just me.

I don't know anything about CSU, but I do love Ft Collins, not as much as Boulder and U Colorado though, but its in Colorado and is a great place for all of my hobbies, don't know what your son likes to do though though.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #22
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80's Rock View Post
He's been an excellent child deserving not less than that. He's never gotten into trouble, fights (except for one with me...some around here might remember that), no drugs, alcohol, tobacco, nor late night partying, all he's ever done is study and sing...now that I think about it, he's had a very freakin boring life
Sorry, sounds like his life is fun to me, all those things you mentioned are boring compared to the things I did in my life INMO, Swimming, Bike Racing, Triathlon, Tournament Table Tennis, Hustling Pool, etc. Prior to going athletic, it was pretty much music 12 hours a day. Never had time for any of that stuff, the few times I did were some of the most boring times of my life. All my late night parties were with study groups in the data center, library, or sitting on a stage or in rehearsal hall. Study groups are only boring if you are not always the top student in your class and all the hottest ladies want to be in your group.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:30 AM   #23
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

More good news arrived on the mail today, my son has just been admitted to Marquette's Honors Program. Not that I have a clue of the benefits other than a exclusive building that houses only Honors Program students (by the way, the building is awesome). I know they offer some additional core courses mostly focused on Literature, also they get faculty mentoring. Other than that I got 0 clue what the real benefits are, but they surely make it sound good
Old 04-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #24
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Congrat's 80s. I have nothing to add, but I just read that Stanford is offering free tuition for households with less than $125k in income. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-aid/25237483/

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #25
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

Yea I read it few days ago and surely I'm under that income...but Stanford was neither one of his options nor Stanford was gonna admit him. Still he took his chances on Hopkins, Harvard, GATech and Duke...none admitted him. Those were the only ones to deny admission and would have surely given him more aid
Old 04-11-2015, 10:20 PM   #26
PacerX

PacerX Just getting started

My first degree is in mechanical engineering, and of the "engineering" schools on the list, Purdue is probably considered the best. I've never visited the campus, but have universally heard great things about the school.
Heritage H-150, Fender Am. Std. Strat, Fender Am. Std. Tele, Roland/Fender G5-3TS, Kramer Pacer American, Gibson SGJ, Godin ACS Nylon String Synth Guitar, Danelectro Hodad, Ibanez RG770, Ibanez RG 7-String
PacerX is offline   Reply With Quote