Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 04-04-2015, 05:35 AM   #1
Stephenb97

Stephenb97 Just getting started
Default anyone in Utah?

Anyone on here in Utah or am I the only one? If there are others , maybe we could jam sometime? PS not very good yet...
Stephenb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #2
cheezyridr
Banned

cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out

she's a little bit country, he's a little bit rock and roll

cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
Stephenb97

Stephenb97 Just getting started

Eww no thanks. Lol
Stephenb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
cheezyridr
Banned

cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out

i wanted to post a pic of monument valley but couldn't find what i was looking for
Old 04-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
Highroller

Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Don't feel bad. Not a lot of west coast members here. Check out earthman's map:

http://www.guitarforums.com/showthread.php?t=19496

You can be the first Utah!
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:00 AM   #6
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

It could be a better question than you realise. I know I'm not but then I'm not sure where I am most of the time. Here, I think.
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #7
compart1

compart1 Just getting started

That map is not a true indicator of membership.. You have to participate if you want to be on the map.
compart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
cheezyridr
Banned

if i was looking to create a jam band i would use my local classifieds, like kijiji or craig's list. i did exactly that, recently.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #9
Highroller

Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by compart1 View Post
That map is not a true indicator of membership.. You have to participate if you want to be on the map.

Yeah, but it's still fun. Besides, I'm not so sure that it doesn't work as general snapshot anyway. On a given day, at a given time, blah, blah, blah ...

It does seem (to me) like that most of our membership is concentrated in the Midwest and Eastern US.

You're free to think differently.

As for the jamming thing, I think the OP is still a high school student. CL might not be the best approach. How about posting a notice on a bulletin board at school? I know it sounds lame, but historically, it's how some of the world's biggest bands got their start ...

[edit] Whoops! Just saw in another thread that the OP is home schooled. Scratch that idea! LoL! Maybe a notice at a local music shop?

---

Last edited by Highroller; 04-06-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote