Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Technical Info

Old 04-09-2015, 02:49 AM   #11
dcarr1987

dcarr1987 Just getting started

Ahhh I understand now. It makes a little more sense. I'm not a professional, but I did some searching and found out how to properly adjust the truss rod, so I'm positive it isn't the problem. Thanks, 80's Rock, I appreciate all the help I can get!
dcarr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:30 AM   #12
Twidler
Up yir hole

Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out

How bad is the buzz? Does the string choke? Do you hear it through an amp?

I usually aim for around the 2mm mark for string height on the electric, that's from the top of the last fret. You'd need to be a hell of a soft touch player to have it lower and not get buzz, even at the 2mm you'd still get some but nothing to worry about.

Some of my stuff
Twidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:47 AM   #13
dcarr1987

dcarr1987 Just getting started

If I lower the bridge all the way down so that it's flat on the body, the strings lay on the fretboard and it's unplayable. With the bridge up where it is in the photo, I get noticeable buzz while unplugged on every string when fretted above the 15th, so I would assume it would be even more noticeable through an amp. I raised the bridge up a little higher and now there are no issues, but it certainly looks strange way up off the body.
dcarr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #14
Funkle
o0O

Funkle Just getting started

That guitar looks fuckn awsem dude
Funkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
Twidler
Up yir hole

Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out Twidler huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarr1987 View Post
If I lower the bridge all the way down so that it's flat on the body, the strings lay on the fretboard and it's unplayable. With the bridge up where it is in the photo, I get noticeable buzz while unplugged on every string when fretted above the 15th, so I would assume it would be even more noticeable through an amp. I raised the bridge up a little higher and now there are no issues, but it certainly looks strange way up off the body.
What height are the strings off the top off the last fret where it's playable?

Some of my stuff
Twidler is offline   Reply With Quote