Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #21
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started

I travel as light as I can.
My set up is a line6 spider4 150 half stack,after today I will be on Jackson SDX and my aria pro is my standby guitar and that's it
flake_E_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #22
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

I found a solution where I can bring along one guitar and have my choice of tunings and pickup types. What do you think

Grrrr, why can't I get a picture to show up...oh well.

Last edited by BallisticSquid; 08-28-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: why no thumbnail?
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #23
SustaiNZ
Exquisite Member

SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute SustaiNZ is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There was a guy on here who used to take two of everything when he gigged: two amps, two pedal boards (his board was massive), a huge bag of cables etc., and a whole squad of guitars. He was super anal though and kind of a nutjob though.
Yes, because everybody knows that makes perfect sense when playing for a bunch of drunks at the local pub.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:35 AM   #24
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flake_E_lee View Post
Im gonna wave goodbye to leads soon and go wirless.
Fed up tripping over leads,pays for itself long term
I use a wireless, and *always* carry spare cables. The batteries in my wireless died during the last set last gig, and the bass players cable took a dump altogether.. Definitely appreciated the spare cables.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:14 AM   #25
Highroller

Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Highroller The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

You know, when I saw Cheap Trick a few years ago, Rick played that for all of about 5 minutes... one song! Lol! Definitely a show piece, not something you wanna wear all night!

Anyway, back in my gigging days I was broke and only owned two guitars - so that's what I took. A Strat and Tele.

These days more toys. I'd probably carry 4 or 5 - depending on the gig. What I'd really like to do is run my stereo amp rig for a gig. But lugging 70lb amps is a serious PITA! One is bad enough... two could 'effing kill ya!
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #26
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

I take 2 purely for the different pups. Strat for cleans PRS for distortion. My tuner mutes the sound so switch that on when changing guitars for a quick and silent change over.

I thought of a splitter having each guitar constantly plugged in but too much risk of leads getting tiedup or worse tripping over a lead which in turn pulls over your not in use guitar .

My strat has a humbucker in the bridge and prs has a coil tap so I could play anyone of them in any song just in case a string goes.
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #27
Andywragg
Fingers less stupid now

Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Back when I had the Semihollowbody, I would have 3 but now I just use 2, my Vintage VRS's. I alternate the black and gold for gigs so they each get a look in. Having 2 guitars which are almost the same means its a more consistent playing experience for me.

If we ever have to play in any other tuning bar E standard or drop D I'd probably use the Tremonti SE as well (set up for E flat).

My Band
http://www.theyournextband.co.uk
Andywragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #28
Mr. Boston
Super Moderator

Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts Mr. Boston Has Anal Warts

The last gigging cover band I was in I played slide on like 3 songs - kept an Epiphone LP Jr (my cheapest guitar) setup with thick strings, high action, and tuned to Open E for those songs - not usually right on the stage but on a stand close by whenever possible.

My main axe is my Strat, but I kept my Les Paul right behind me as well in case of a string break. So for that band I showed up with 3 guitars every time.
Mr. Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started

My current 2 gig guitars
The Jackson san dimas Adrian smith my main guitar and the Aria pro II is the standby
flake_E_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #30
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Better watch out, the Airia Pro II may not take too kindly to being relegated to standby duties .

The Adrian Smith model is just awesome. I've always been partial to maple fretbaords both for look and feel!
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote