Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 12-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow
Default Band life: Tough all over

Interesting article from AP on band life in India.

Quote:
During wedding season, most band players sleep in cramped quarters in the distant suburbs of Delhi, with more than a dozen packed into a room, their instruments and clothes hanging from hooks on the grimy walls.

"We are all related, so we've learned to adjust, but sometimes it becomes a bit too much," said Raees Ahmed, coughing and drawing on a thin cigarette.
Reminds me of my summers in a Drum & Bugle Corp as a teenager. Gyms and bus floors.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Hi Hat

Hi Hat Just getting started Hi Hat Just getting started

Crisis? What crisis?
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
Texco

Texco Just getting started

We'll be lucky if people are still hiring DJs in a couple years instead of just streaming a spotify wedding mix.
Texco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #4
Abo
A thongs stuck n my teeth

Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal Abo is 3 fries short of a Happy Meal

What have they got to complain about they have cellphones to watch movies for crying out loud. Most of today's society has their face stuck in one lol
Abo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
Hi Hat

Hi Hat Just getting started Hi Hat Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
they have cellphones to watch movies for crying out loud. Most of today's society has their face stuck in one lol
I see people in my audience looking at their iphones while I'm playing. I can hear them watching You Tube videos during my show. Are people so rude to use iphones during a wedding or in church? It wouldn't surprise me.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Hat View Post
I see people in my audience looking at their iphones while I'm playing. I can hear them watching You Tube videos during my show. Are people so rude to use iphones during a wedding or in church? It wouldn't surprise me.
No, the article was talking about how the musicians watch movies on the phones outside while they wait for the Wedding ceremony and dinner to finish. The bands part in the ceremony is at the beginning and end of the wedding.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote