Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 01-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #11
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo View Post
80s that stinks man .

Couldn't resist
It actually did!!!!!!!! and a lot!!!!!!!

Few years earlier playing with another band, it was a cover band, I got my nickname "VomiTRON". I used to drink hard and in huge quantities, but I've always have an upset stomach. Used to vomit after every 5 or 6 drinks. Always got on time to the toilet to puke but this time I was on stage and the stomach decided that a dozen scotch and a few beers were enough. I couldn't leave the stage, so I saw a trash can near it and walked down to the bin while playing. I turned my head towards the garbage can and puked without ever letting go of the guitar. The rest of the band looked at me in a weird manner but amazed at how I managed to get off the stage, vomit and get back on stage without ever stopping the music. It looked so natural and most of the audience didn't even notice
Old 01-18-2015, 05:27 PM   #12
cheezyridr
Banned

cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out

used to be, after a saturday night gig we would all go to a hojos with all the hangers-on. we'd eat breakfast, and hang out smoking eleventy-one cigarettes while we talked. by the time we all got home, we were pretty wiped. i fell asleep on the couch, sitting up once.
my hair was really long then. they all woke up before me. they made little braids, and put flowers in my hair, and a ribbon, and tooth paste on my finger and tickled my nose with a piece of grass. so they wake me up, it's already dark outside on a sunday nite. they say "hey man, we're going across the street to have pizza. we called and they're holding us a table. you comin?" so i jump up grab my coat, run out the door with them. i'm still pretty high from yesterday, and still mostly asleep on my feet. the whole time, i'm wonderin why people are snickering in my direction. but hell, free pizza and beer. i wasn't too concerned till i was done eatin at least. so as we;re leaving the place, now the light is going the other way, so i now can see, in the glass, my reflection. it's suddenly pretty clear what everyone thought was so funny. i may not have laughed quite as loud as they did that day, but i have to say, it was brilliantly executed. and who can't appreciate true artistry? ive pulled my share, but that time it was my turn. well played
cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:45 AM   #13
padams215

padams215 Just getting started

My first gig I got a bloody nose from hell. just started bleeding uncontrollably. nobody thought it was cool or Gene Simmon's like. just bled like a stuck pig. Nerves I guess
Old 01-19-2015, 02:45 AM   #14
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by padams215 View Post
My first gig I got a bloody nose from hell. just started bleeding uncontrollably. nobody thought it was cool or Gene Simmon's like. just bled like a stuck pig. Nerves I guess
Nerves! Has it happen again? I mean, it's not something to take lightly, specially if it happens more than once. Never heard of a nose bleeding being part of any nerves situation
Old 01-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #15
padams215

padams215 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80's Rock View Post
Nerves! Has it happen again? I mean, it's not something to take lightly, specially if it happens more than once. Never heard of a nose bleeding being part of any nerves situation
Nope, it was pretty much a "one of" event. If it happened all the time, I would see the doctor. Good advice to not take it lightly but this was years ago.