Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 03-05-2015, 05:08 AM   #1
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute
Default Elite Dangerous

The same company that released the all time classic space simulator game 'Elite' has released a modern version as per the thread title.

Same core game (Trading/Combat) but with modern graphics. So if your into sci-fi style games, this will blow your socks off.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
SpookyGhost
Alligator Bite Tester

SpookyGhost The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking SpookyGhost The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Question

It looks awesome but after being disappointed by the previous sequels, I am tempted to stick with the timeless original. I never made it to Elite but I did get to deadly.
SpookyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Looks really cool, but I've never been good at live action games. Whats it really cost totally to play, I see they are promising a Mac version? It would be cool to place some online games again.

I bought the PlayStation 2 and got Rachet & Klink and still have not won the dammed hovercraft race in over 14 years of playing.

I was at one time, however a tournament strategy war gamer and used to be able to kick ass in TOAW, Harpoon (all versions), and other strategy games. Changing to a Mac really hosed my gaming though, main reason I still keep VMWare up to date and have WinXP, WinME, and Win95 VMs. Been meaning to build a dos VM for all my old Dos Games. Still play rogue in a linux VM occasionally.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #4
Andywragg
Fingers less stupid now

Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I bought this game pre-release as I used to play Elite on BBC Micro and Sinclair Spectrum + as a kid.

I'm still saving up for a system that will actually run this new version as you need a quad core PC with at least 8GB of RAM and a deent graphics card.

Wait a minute I built one of these 3 months ago....Pity my son won't let me anywhere near it.

Essentially the concept is the same as the original but with cinematic quality rendering. I've been watching a lot of the pre-release video's and the game is truly stunning. They've even used real galaxy mapping to plot the systems. Also the economy system is real time based on actual game player trades. This is why you need to be connected all the time.

My Band
http://www.theyournextband.co.uk
Andywragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Jase

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Most games these days should be looking good...but do they play good...bit of a plot and varied gameplay, and other factors to consider.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #6
PEAVEYUSA
PEAVEYUSA

PEAVEYUSA Just getting started PEAVEYUSA Just getting started

I play point and click games every once and again if the story is good, other than that video games bore me

If you are into adventure games, try YESTERDAY, by far best one there is and the story will blow you away
Old 03-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
Jase

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEAVEYUSA View Post

If you are into adventure games, try YESTERDAY, by far best one there is and the story will blow you away
Will have a look TOMORROW haha.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #8
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

How cool, I work for Elite Management Corp. of Hawaii.. it's only 3 of us.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #9
Andywragg
Fingers less stupid now

Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Andywragg The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I'll just leave this here.....

My Band
Old 04-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #10
Andywragg
Fingers less stupid now

Been spending SO much time on this game, that Ive now regressed back to my teens, and become an obnoxious, stinky animal, relying on a diet of pot noodle and cola. And my acne has returned and is terminal.

But - I'm now flying around Sol and the outlying systems in a Viper with all the trimmings and got my combat ranking to Novice.

My Band