Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 03-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
Sparky

Sparky Just getting started
Default Post your early band pictures memory lane

My dad died a year ago and my mom is going to clean house and is throwing out a bunch of stuff this spring and I'm rescuing some early photos. This is a picture from the battle of the bands in 1980 ( I was 17 )looks like I have a white Afro .lol
We opened up our set with tie your mother down by queen and our sing even though he was a kid sounded just like Freddie mercury ...I think we won it on that song alone.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-13-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
Keith
Keeping the pocket

Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing Keith has a craving for an ass-waxing

I'll have to really dig through a crapload of boxes to find band pics. As smart as I can be (At times), I didn't label them.

I have this blast-from-the-past pic when I was 17 at my girlfriends place. Wave Babies
Old 03-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies AlyKat feels up puppies

I have only been in a band on & off for a few years. This was my first band & what a trip it was

Attachment 4165
Old 03-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #4
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Me in the 70's with my mustang bass.

and in the 80's

classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Wow, these are some really cool throwback pictures!

The only pix I have of playing in a band are recent...like last summer .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #6
Sparky

Keith has got the hair going pretty good in this one perfect 80's quaff.
" Wave Babies and their lying on the sand" honeymoon suite. If you were playing that you were doing pretty good keith.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-13-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #7
Sparky

Got another 80's hair do picture.

Last edited by Sparky; 03-13-2015 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:33 PM   #8
fused

fused The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking fused The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking fused The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking fused The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I'm the guy to the left playing a 1980 Gibson "The Paul"
Damn I had hair...almost forgot about that.....

fused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:51 PM   #9
classicrock

classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma classicrock 's middle name is smegma

Very cool pictures indeed everyone. Great memories.

I actually keep in touch with the guys in the first photo. I also have recordings of both of these bands. The first one I was 18 and we played long progressive music, we wanted to be like Yes. The second band was a cover band and we did a lot of Steele Dan and such like. That was the night I met my wife, the Don Johnson jacket worked.
classicrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #10
Underdog
...just sayin...

Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed

Here ya go...

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm on the left in bottom pic. I just realized I have no clue who the guys on the left and right of the top pic are.... ain't that sad?
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote