Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 03-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #11
MuskRatt
Feeling Compunctious

MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Might be that Photobucket merged with FB and all that.. I can't stand Facebook and they force you to comply.

Known PB they may force you to use FB acct to log in with but never update the site to reflect that.
Laney IRT60H IronHeart
Peavey Original 412MS G12K-85's 1989 mfg.
Roland Cube 20X
MuskRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:08 AM   #12
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Seems I am no longer able to log into my PhotoBucket account with Safari as well. Works ok in Chrome. Time to leave PhotoBucket.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:17 AM   #13
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskRatt View Post
Might be that Photobucket merged with FB and all that.. I can't stand Facebook and they force you to comply.

Known PB they may force you to use FB acct to log in with but never update the site to reflect that.
Agreed 100% hate Facebook as well, as I mentioned above something has changed and I can no longer login with Safari. I have Safari setup to block all Facebook tracking and all tracking cookies Facebook or otherwise, this is probably why I am having problems. My Chrome is configured to allow all tracking, but I only use it rarely and delete any tracking cookies manually afterwards.

Why do I care? I don't really, but I don't like stuff that doesn't ask me first and then let me turn it off if I change my mind.

iConnectAudio4+
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 AM   #14
Sparky

Sparky Just getting started

Not working all day here in Alberta Canada so might be site or worse the North Koreans lol Kim Jung Un has my dogs birthday pics.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:11 AM   #15
Jase

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgsByte View Post
Seems I am no longer able to log into my PhotoBucket account with Safari as well. Works ok in Chrome. Time to leave PhotoBucket.
Or just change the browser ?. Quicker than signing up to an alternative image site I would have thought.I don't think its down to photo bucket.

Some swear by the browser they use, and hate the thought of changing.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #16
MuskRatt
Feeling Compunctious

MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Not working all day here in Alberta Canada so might be site or worse the North Koreans lol Kim Jung Un has my dogs birthday pics.
You realize they will use that against you! Filthy North Kor. How long have they held you Pups hostage?
Laney IRT60H IronHeart
Peavey Original 412MS G12K-85's 1989 mfg.
Roland Cube 20X
MuskRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #17
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

The PhotoFucket website gives me gas!
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #18
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Or just change the browser ?. Quicker than signing up to an alternative image site I would have thought.I don't think its down to photo bucket.

Some swear by the browser they use, and hate the thought of changing.
More to do with the Facebook acquisition then the browser issues, this was just the "last straw" pushing me to make the change. I prefer Safari at the moment, but who knows next week? I've gone back and forth between Safari and Chrome many times. Only use Chrome on PCs and Linux.
iConnectAudio4+
Old 03-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #19
Jase

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgsByte View Post
More to do with the Facebook acquisition then the browser issues, this was just the "last straw" pushing me to make the change. I prefer Safari at the moment, but who knows next week? I've gone back and forth between Safari and Chrome many times. Only use Chrome on PCs and Linux.
When I first started looking at security PC wise I would read articles saying how it was thought IE was full of holes and bloated. I've also tried various browsers and have opera at the moment.Used to be a Firefox user, but it seemed to suffer after awhile...great browser when it first came on the scene.

What I've done in the past when having this kind of bother is just use the browser for a specific task instead of ditching the prog .
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #20
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
When I first started looking at security PC wise I would read articles saying how it was thought IE was full of holes and bloated. I've also tried various browsers and have opera at the moment.Used to be a Firefox user, but it seemed to suffer after awhile...great browser when it first came on the scene.
Firefox was the best browser for a long time, just fell behind somewhere and never caught back up. I still keep it installed and try it first on sites I have issues with. I've used Opera a bit, but I always liked other browsers better so it never stuck for me. I do know people (that really understand security) that use it and love it.

Chrome is by far the best and most secure all platform browser IMNSHO. Google has the smartest people today and it shows in a lot of the stuff they do. Safari just runs better on a Mac, but too many sites don't properly support Safari and test Safari so you need another browser on a Mac as well. Apple's got its head up its ass on Safari as well, its right up there with iTunes as our (Apple Fanboys) most hated software. This latest bug has been a really PITA.

I never use IE unless I am forced to. I have a special VM I use to run IE in when needed. Microsoft is very aware of its issues and that's why they are rewriting most of it and later this year the world should have a much more secure MS browser called "Spartan" hopefully with Windows 10. I expect MS to get it right this time. IE 11 is actually is pretty strong, but its a bloated monster that is probably very, very costly for MS to maintain. Updates on old bloated software like IE can easily cost several times what it cost to build it originally.

Historically the two most insecure pieces of popular software are 1)Adobe Flash and 2) IE. Put the two together and it explains why people need AV software. MS has fixed most of the issues, but how can you trust that code base when you get so many security updates?
iConnectAudio4+