Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 03-23-2015, 02:38 AM   #11
Dirt

Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Dirt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Just tell 'em, your ol' lady made you quit.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #12
jerrycasemusic
The Stray Dog

jerrycasemusic Just getting started jerrycasemusic Just getting started

Just tell them your heart isn't in it. Because that's the truth. Always be truthful with people because they know when you are bullshitting. Constant communication is the 'secret' to band longevity is there is one. But ALWAYS be honest. Not mean, demeaning, or insulting. But honest. "Great guys - just not into what we are doing any more."
jerrycasemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:33 PM   #13
rudos1
the Deuce

rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts

A simple, "Sorry I'm not feeling it." should really be sufficient...
Old 03-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #14
CeeDeeMac
Custom User Title

CeeDeeMac The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking CeeDeeMac The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Tell them that your sickness is just getting too bad to leave the house, much less travel to and play in a studio. Or, them them the truth. Whichever..
Old 03-23-2015, 04:24 PM   #15
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public Cobalt likes to masturbate in public

Have your people contact their people. All rock stars have people!
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #16
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Kumachan, the best way to deal with this is just say it's not working for you. Bullshitting them with lies to make you feel better about not hurting their feelings is lame and disrespectful.

If I'm in a band, and I'm not cutting the mustard, or the mix is just not there, my personal expectations from the other band members would be that they call it as it is, tell me straight up and be honest.

I've hired and fired, and have been hired and fired. If you have to bullshit to get in or get out..no good will come of it.
I have to agree with Keith here. Hopefully they will take your lead dealing with the situation like an adult and not pitch a hissy fit or kick up all sorts of drama because you want to leave.

Having walked away from 2 group projects recently I understand how hard it is. Just like breaking up with a girlfriend or boyfriend, you don't want to hurt feelings and perhaps just want "to be friends".

There were many factors involved for me that involved song selection and direction of the band. The overarching thing though was time was becoming a significant issue. I chose to emphasize that. It was true...so I wasn't lying. I felt there was no reason to go into full disclosure, there would have been no purpose to that and it would just make people feel bad...or offer solutions. Since the main problem was time, fixing the other problems wouldn't have helped.

Now if you tell them time is an issue and pop up in a different band a month later, well you'll have some explaining to do.

Good luck.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #17
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

It is a shame we even have to have this discussion......why can't people just behave like adults. If we are in a group/project together & you want out-I want you to go if you are unhappy & you don't even have to give me a reason. If we are friends I want you to be happy & do what's best for you, it's called being unselfish. I have been in groups & projects & had to worm/ wiggle my way out instead of just being completely honest, because people are just nuts sometimes.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
cheezyridr
Banned

cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out cheezyridr huffs white out

thanks folks. i appreciate all the advice. some of the responses made me chortle a little bit. i'll straighten things out when i pass the kitty back to them
cheezyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #19
hubbards98
Doc

hubbards98 Just getting started

Being a fello Canadian, Just say "Im not feeling it boys, taking some time off, Been a pleasure"
Shake some hands and out the door you go
hubbards98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:45 PM   #20
ghOst

ghOst Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by phingerboard View Post
You Canadians are too damned sensitive sometimes lol. Just tell them that you've got too many things going on in your life right now and you need to pull out in order to get your shit together.
I am Canadian and this is true. I approve of this message.

You are right James Hetfield... "We are all equally outcasts, loners and metalheads. There is strength in that."
ghOst is offline   Reply With Quote