Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 03-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #1
flake_E_lee
Blues orientated rocker

flake_E_lee Just getting started
Default when your solo just..gone!!!

so,just home from doing a support slot for a band and we had a 1 hr slot to do.
All went exceptionally well but for 1 song..and its a song I know inside out and even made a solo for it as its a song that has no solo
Well ,it comes to the solo and gone..erased from my brain!
Couldn't find my position,how the solo which I made for it even was supposed to sound...nada!
traincrash!
Ever had this happen?
flake_E_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:53 AM   #2
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

So what did you do, burst into tears, or just fake it ?
Aly
Old 03-29-2015, 02:59 AM   #3
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BallisticSquid Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

I've had that happen in rehearsal, not on stage. The next best thing is when you have to start a song and you draw a complete utter blank as to how it starts...and everybody is just looking at you like "OK, whatchya waitin' for!?!?!? Uuuhhhhh....

AlyKat's question is a good one...what did you do?
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:04 AM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

One time in my band we had 2 guitar players & each started playing a different song & I was like WTF, which one do I start singing..I followed the bass & drums & we just drowned out the one guitar player as he simultaneously realized what was going one & switched to the song everyone else was doing...it was funny !
Aly
Old 03-29-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
Revenge of the Naked Ape
Tinnitus Merit Badge

Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools Revenge of the Naked Ape has been ordered to stay at least 1000 feet away from elementary schools

Well, as a bassist if I was doing a solo it was already done out of either a matter of desperation or irony so...

Slide bass in G minor 'cause fuck it or everybody chokes and I do what I have to do until guitarists find their balls again.

We Remember.

Hellbox Effects

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX
Revenge of the Naked Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #6
SpookyGhost
Alligator Bite Tester

SpookyGhost The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking SpookyGhost The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Hence the importance of the ability to improvise. Adapt on the fly and no one is any the wiser.
SpookyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Hi Hat

Hi Hat Just getting started Hi Hat Just getting started

Oh just start picking notes out of the chords.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
hubbards98
Doc

hubbards98 Just getting started

Forgetting the words of a song while playing live would totally suck
hubbards98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #9
AlyKat
Collab Queen

As lame as it was I always had the words in front of me just in case...that was my biggest fear.
ALy
Old 03-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #10
Hi Hat

Hi Hat Just getting started Hi Hat Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbards98 View Post
Forgetting the words of a song while playing live would totally suck
I've done that sometimes. I might make something up on the spot. Or mumble, sometimes that works. Or repeat lines from another part of the song.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote