Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > The Music Lounge

Old 03-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #21
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
THERE ARE FOUR CHORDS!

Correct. Two true vocal chords and two false ones. The question is then are any able to do a D chord?
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #22
Hi Hat

Hi Hat Just getting started Hi Hat Just getting started

You guys crack me up.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #23
umangbhat3

umangbhat3 Just getting started

Great going.
All it takes to perfect something in just a little practice, same case in guitar.
If you want to learn, you just gotta do it. Don't blame your teacher, or anyone else.
Good luck in your learning journey.
(And I hope you aren't serious about the Jimi Hendrix thing )
umangbhat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
PEAVEYUSA
PEAVEYUSA

PEAVEYUSA Just getting started PEAVEYUSA Just getting started

HAH, chords gona be eaiser when you get your callouses and you will get them if you play long enough. Up to that point, you will want to burn your guitar because it will hurt so bad! Learning on acoustic is rough but I'd say its best for chords and stuff. You will want an electric as you advance so you can learn bends and such
Old 04-01-2015, 01:31 AM   #25
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_shuitar View Post
Ok I finally found what the issue was. I watched the video again and tried to find exactly what is the missing link and it turns out to be, I was not pressing chords harder with me fingers.

So as soon as I placed my fingers a little harder, I got the sound I wanted.

It means now a few more days and people will forget Jimi Hendrix yay!!!!
In a few days, you will be saying "Damn this hurts my fingers", and that is natural until you form callous on the tips. After that, remember that all that hard pushing you did to learn chords is now your enemy. Learn to make the chord with the lightest possible touch you can. Saves your fingers, saves your hands, and it's how it's supposed to be done, with any chord.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #26
Gull14
milspec6

Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Gull14 The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

As a fellow novice going through this process, don't forget to make sure your guitar is in tune every day. I struggled badly to get a clean sound out of the 5th string the first week and it drove me crazy. Well, the digital tuner that I was using had me off by a full octave!! It was an A, but the string was so loose it buzzed at each strike.

I was playing a whole different animal after correcting that issue.
Gull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 PM   #27
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gull14 View Post
As a fellow novice going through this process, don't forget to make sure your guitar is in tune every day. I struggled badly to get a clean sound out of the 5th string the first week and it drove me crazy. Well, the digital tuner that I was using had me off by a full octave!! It was an A, but the string was so loose it buzzed at each strike.

I was playing a whole different animal after correcting that issue.
You too? Happy to know I'm not the only one whose has had that happen to them. It's more bad when you think you are tuning the B string and suddenly Twang! goes the E string.
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote