Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 03-29-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
SpookyGhost
Alligator Bite Tester

SpookyGhost The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking SpookyGhost The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default The south will rise again

I have seen this quite a few times in my life - mainly on bumper stickers - but I am curious as to how real/relevant this is. Is it just tongue-in-cheek? Pie-in-the-sky fantasy? Or is it very much on the radar - talked about often in the south? Proponents raising the issue on TV etc? Ie: like ETA but wthout the violence.

Last edited by SpookyGhost; 03-29-2015 at 10:42 PM.
SpookyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
ghOst

ghOst Just getting started

They been saying this since 1865.

You are right James Hetfield... "We are all equally outcasts, loners and metalheads. There is strength in that."
ghOst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
RebelSon

RebelSon Just getting started

I'll ask at the next meeting.
RebelSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:09 PM   #4
St.Fill
To love 'er is tequila...

St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms St.Fill is the poster child for Trojan condoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghOst View Post
They been saying this since 1865.
Yep... its like that bumper sticker that reads: "Dont Mess With Texas".

WTF is that stupid shit supposed to mean?? Dont start a fight with the state of Texas??

Ummm... ok I wont.
Sorry, BTW.
Did it LOOK like I was about to punch the Alamo or something??

St.Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #5
BigDawgsByte
Apple Fanboi

BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow BigDawgsByte Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
I have seen this quite a few times in my life - mainly on bumper stickers - but I am curious as to how real/relevant this is. Is it just tongue-in-cheek? Pie-in-the-sky fantasy? Or is it very much on the radar - talked about often in the south? Proponents raising the issue on TV etc? Ie: like ETA but wthout the violence.
Its based on the fact that much of the Southern part of the US will be covered by water in the next 200 years from Global Warming and then it "will rise again" in the following ice age.
iConnectAudio4+
BigDawgsByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #6
S. Rock

S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking S. Rock The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillmoreNYC View Post

WTF is that stupid shit supposed to mean?? Dont start a fight with the state of Texas??
several years ago, there was a "don't litter"(stop littering) campaign for the State of Texas. "Don't Mess With Texas" was the campaign "catch"phrase.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:26 PM   #7
watson503
Up The Irons !!!

watson503 Just getting started watson503 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillmoreNYC View Post

Ummm... ok I wont.
Sorry, BTW.
Did it LOOK like I was about to punch the Alamo or something??

Edit: ninja'd ^ lmao
Hahaha You know that originally all started as an anti-littering campaign here in the 80s
watson503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #8
RebelSon

RebelSon Just getting started

Living in the south my whole life, I've heard it many times. Almost always in the same context, usually drunk off moonshine, the last words uttered in a state of semi consciousness before passing out cold.
RebelSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
compart1

compart1 Just getting started

You tell me..
Usually that bumper sticker is on a ratty old pick-up truck sporting a rebel flag from the antenna or a rebel flag decal in the rear window..
And if you happen to be behind one when they pull into the driveway of their luxurious mobile home you see them dodge around several other old jalopies, lawn mowers, appliances and any number of other broken devices.
Hub caps adorning the front porch of their trailer. Two or three half dressed toddlers running around. Maybe a couple teen aged boys passing around a beer staring at the neighbor girl in here Daisy dukes..
Then you get to my neighbor house..
compart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #10
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgsByte View Post
Its based on the fact that much of the Southern part of the US will be covered by water in the next 200 years from Global Warming and then it "will rise again" in the following ice age.
Curious, isn't the South part of the conservative wing that constantly echo how "fake" global warming is and that is something the liberals created to create panic; you know, those "grassroots" movements.