Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Introduce Yourself

Old 04-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #1
Pooner

Pooner Just getting started
Default Seems to be the place to start

Whats up everyone. Found these forums a while back but only just made an account. I'm currently a theory major 1 year from his associates. Been playing guitar for about a year seriously and piano sporadically for the same time, looking simply to better myself as an all around musician and take part in some collaborations with everyone(they are what drew me here).
Anyways, excited to see what i can learn from everyone
Pooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Welcome Pooner, I am known as the collab queen, just say the word !
ALyKat
Old 04-02-2015, 02:11 AM   #3
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Welcome Pooner, I am known as the collab queen, just say the word !
ALyKat
...and I am her king .

Anyway, welcome in. Any particular songs you like to collaborate on? We use a lot of backing tracks, but some have been done from the ground up, which is always better.

BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:24 AM   #4
Pooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
...and I am her king .

Anyway, welcome in. Any particular songs you like to collaborate on? We use a lot of backing tracks, but some have been done from the ground up, which is always better.

I've actually listened to a few of your callabs(both king and queen) but i can't say that i do have anything in mind. Maybe a duet to get in on some sweet vocal work with Aly.

The more unfortunate part of it atm is i need to get a soundcloud account, as well as software and gear to record stuff before i can take part.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:44 AM   #5
phingerboard
Huge in Canada

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooner View Post
... I'm currently a theory major.... excited to see what i can learn from everyone
But this is a guitar forum. So if you know anything about music theory, then it is more likely that most of us would learn something from you than the other way around.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:52 AM   #6
Pooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phingerboard View Post
But this is a guitar forum. So if you know anything about music theory, then it is more likely that most of us would learn something from you than the other way around.
True, but theory and application are completely different things. Additionally, my theory and application levels are probably only around intermediate if that, but maybe i underestimate my ability in both.

Either way, if i end up teaching somebody, great! Knowledge is pretty useless unless passed on anyways right?
Old 04-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #7
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation AlyKat Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
I've actually listened to a few of your callabs(both king and queen) but i can't say that i do have anything in mind. Maybe a duet to get in on some sweet vocal work with Aly.

The more unfortunate part of it atm is i need to get a soundcloud account, as well as software and gear to record stuff before i can take part.

Well there are plenty here who can help you get started & advise on what software & gear to get. You know where to find the King & I
ALyKat
Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 AM   #8
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
I'm currently a theory major
This is not the place for you, we know ten shits about theory

Quote:
looking simply to better myself as an all around musician
This is not the place for you, there is no good musicians here

Quote:
excited to see what i can learn from everyone
Not the place for you, we may get more out of you than you will from all of us together

Quote:
take part in some collaborations with everyone(they are what drew me here).
This is the place for you
Old 04-02-2015, 03:13 AM   #9
Pooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80's Rock View Post
This is the place for you
point well taken
Old 04-02-2015, 03:33 AM   #10
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
point well taken
80's is the resident comedian tonight!

Now that I think about it, it was a search for online collaborations that brought me here also.

Some jams come up also, which can be fun.
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote