Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 04-05-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title
Default Concrete worktops/ benches.

Im looking to get into making concrete worktops that can be sealed and stained depending on the color you want.You can get an acid stain to make unique bespoke pieces.

Just trying one for the first time using melamine board.The idea is to flip this over after four days and knock the forms and melamine board away revealing a smooth finish.It can be sanded and stained, but is still 'green' as not fully cured.Ive added rebar for strength.Use this one for a workbench, so i can do stuff on guitars in such...give Keith a run for his money.

Where ill fit, and there will be another center column of block for double cabinets.Somewhere to keep my power tools etc.Going to stick a proper lock on there.

Ill take some more snaps when revealing the top, sanding and acid stain.

I finished my bird table, and found some fallen tree for a stand.Sat one end in a bucket of concrete, and buried the lot, bucket as well haha,

You should debark if you want the wood to last longer but i dont mind it rotting over time.Will attract insects and food for the birds.I think ill get a couple of years out of it....well the birds will.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
80's Rock
Wannabe Guitarist

80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow 80's Rock Confuses Ass and Elbow

That actually looks amazing for a concrete slab. Never seen it before, they are not common here, although I hear in the Dominican Republic counter tops and cabinets are made out of concrete. The only wood parts are the doors
Old 04-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

You can make benches etc using boards than can be curved into shape..anything really.

Heavy as fook though haha..some put crushed glass in or fiber optic lights.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Concrete countertops are starting to catch on around here. Lotsa' possibilities it seems.

Love the bird feeder ...

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #5
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Neat! for sure
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Z. Wolf
Central Scrutinizer

Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts Z. Wolf Has Anal Warts

Did you do the top pic? looks sweet!

I've done it a few times and my current kitchen set up has them also. They are pretty easy to do and if you take your time with good measurements and proper materials they look real nice. I'll post a few pics later...
Old 04-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #7
RainDancer
Dark Universe

RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute RainDancer is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quality, want to do my kitchen
Old 04-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #8
Jase
Principe del Galles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf View Post
Did you do the top pic? looks sweet!

I've done it a few times and my current kitchen set up has them also. They are pretty easy to do and if you take your time with good measurements and proper materials they look real nice. I'll post a few pics later...
No not mine. Yes measuring out for the forms is vital . I work with concrete in my work, but want to see what the base concrete cures like and what finish I can be happy. I would like in the kitchen but experimenting with it. Looking for some acid stains, and sealers.

White concrete with colored glass.

Great you have done them.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #9
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

Looks great and gives meaning to the term outdoor kitchen.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote