Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Open Discussion

Old 04-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
Jimorr

Jimorr Just getting started
Default Do you have any other obsessions

Other than guitars? I can't really call it a hobby. I like to race slotcars with some friends. What else do you spend time doing......anything?
Old 04-06-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Does making and drinking wine count?

I also like eradicating invasive, exotic species and restoring natives.

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Underdog
...just sayin...

Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed Underdog desperately needs retubed

I've kind of become very interested in the last 10 years in urban decay. I'd love to get the opportunity to explore long abandoned buildings but around me, said buildings are full of homeless people. I've had to live vicariously through the explorations of others. My favorite guy has a website photodocumenting the places he's explored. If anyone is interested, check his site out http://opacity.us/ here. The most interesting and saddest places are the old mental hospitals. Old churches are pretty cool too.

He used to do this illegally but he has gained such a reputation that he is now brought in by owners of abandoned buildings prior to renovation to photograph the places. There's a forum on there as well with photos from others of interesting places around the world.

I've always had an interest in the paranormal too. I live in a hotspot of haunted locations in Alton and St. Louis and have yet to do a whole lot of exploration though. I've had some interesting experiences though.

Forum co - admin
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #4
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
Does making and drinking wine count?

I also like eradicating invasive, exotic species and restoring natives.
Don't see why not??

If I'm not playing music, I'm listening to it...preferably while reading a book. Once upon a time I enjoyed biking...when I had time. The scale says I should get back to doing some of that again .
BallisticSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #5
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation BobF Will lend you their face while your ass is on vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Don't see why not??

If I'm not playing music, I'm listening to it...preferably while reading a book. Once upon a time I enjoyed biking...when I had time. The scale says I should get back to doing some of that again .
Biking is a non starter here.

My routine id 40 a day (most days) on this, tunes cranked:

--

Old 04-06-2015, 07:25 PM   #6
Chito
It's all about the music.

Chito The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Chito The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Photography in the last year or so. Outside of hats, watches and single malt scotch whiskey.
Chito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:27 PM   #7
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

I used to be into astronomy BIG time ... but that's a whole thread in itself ...

--

Old 04-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies BallisticSquid feels up puppies

Quote:
Biking is a non starter here.

My routine id 40 a day (most days) on this, tunes cranked:

Back when I was going to the gym I used one of those a lot! I used to like running, but I developed problems with my achilles tendons where I could barely walk the morning after a workout. I decided that I no longer enjoyed running that much . I could get the same intensity of a workout on one of those and still be able to walk the next day .

I have fond memories of pushing the pedals of my road bike out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but my thoughts and the sound of my tires on the road....for hours .
Old 04-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #9
BallisticSquid

Quote:
I used to be into astronomy BIG time ... but that's a whole thread in itself ...

THAT looks pretty damn serious!!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #10
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticSquid View Post
Back when I was going to the gym I used one of those a lot! I used to like running, but I developed problems with my achilles tendons where I could barely walk the morning after a workout. I decided that I no longer enjoyed running that much . I could get the same intensity of a workout on one of those and still be able to walk the next day .

I have fond memories of pushing the pedals of my road bike out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but my thoughts and the sound of my tires on the road....for hours .
When I used to ride my bike, there weren't any pedals involved

This is another hobby from the past ...

--