Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 04-12-2015, 04:48 PM   #1
Ibanez Girl
87 yo Spinster

Ibanez Girl The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Ibanez Girl The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default Gig saved by amazing bassist last night

Had a gig Friday and we were just doing covers. That morning we had just learned a whole new song and I forgot the solo when it was time for it. I looked at my bassist all panicky and he gave a look that said "watch how it's done" and completely aced the improv. Standing ovation, cannot give him enough credit. Definitely a prodigy.

His bass pedal was doing some funky stuff and messing with the master signal on the mixer, but that somehow solved itself. Had a lot of fun, and let the audience do karaoke after.
Ibanez Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
MuskRatt
Feeling Compunctious

MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking MuskRatt The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

What did you take from this GrassHopper?

Laney IRT60H IronHeart
Peavey Original 412MS G12K-85's 1989 mfg.
Roland Cube 20X
MuskRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Hi Hat

Hi Hat Just getting started Hi Hat Just getting started

Bass players like chocolate chip cookies, pizza, BBQ chicken wings, beer, soda pop..
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
Borodog

Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Did not know you were gigging these days. Where'd you play, if you don't mind my asking.

I'll be playing bass with the blues band at the Durham Arts Walk next month.
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:53 PM   #5
phingerboard
Huge in Canada

phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions phingerboard has cryptic excretions

Look who's back. We thought you had fallen through a hole in the ice.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:59 PM   #6
Ibanez Girl
87 yo Spinster

Ibanez Girl The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Ibanez Girl The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskRatt View Post
What did you take from this GrassHopper?

I learned that my buddy is on a whole other level than me, and to pay more attention, and to practice improv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodog View Post
Did not know you were gigging these days. Where'd you play, if you don't mind my asking.

I'll be playing bass with the blues band at the Durham Arts Walk next month.
It was just an outside event my school was having that we offered to entertain, we played outside for about an hour or two before the party got started inside (the dj was ready). I actually don't gig that much unless there is no other guitarist for the job. I'm a sucky lead.

I didn't even know Durham was having an event next month. Is the venue near Main Street?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phingerboard View Post
Look who's back. We thought you had fallen through a hole in the ice.
Haha...honestly I hover around every now and then. I don't really write because I never have much to talk about. I've found that out of everything in the music industry, I want to go into live sound and studio engineering. And I have to start looking at schools, so I've been busy with that. It's a hard field to get find a good school for :/

The gig I did Friday I actually set up and EQ'd my first PA system and mic'd all the instruments, and it felt a lot more rewarding than playing.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:26 PM   #7
Borodog

Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Borodog The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

We'll be playing 10am-noon, Saturday, May 2 at 214 W. Hunt St at Vega Metals. 5 minute walk from W. Main St.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:51 PM   #8
Ibanez Girl
87 yo Spinster

Quote:
We'll be playing 10am-noon, Saturday, May 2 at 214 W. Hunt St at Vega Metals. 5 minute walk from W. Main St.
Awesome, I'll mark it. I have prom that day so I'll creep by if I can.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:38 AM   #9
compart1

compart1 Just getting started

Quote:
Do you know the parking situation during the event.. Are there any other music happenings..?
compart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:24 PM   #10
Borodog

Yes there will be a ton of live music. Parking info should be on the event site somewhere:

http://www.durhamartwalk.com

Last edited by Borodog; 04-13-2015 at 01:31 PM.