Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Site Discussion

Old 03-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Rustee
carbon based biped

Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop Rustee likes poop
Default How'd you get here?

Of course, I know how many of the original members got to this forum (if you don't know, see here), but how did some of the newer members that are trickling in come across us? Just curious. While some of us go back years already, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that the addition of new members is refreshing.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
jimmy peters

jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop jimmy peters likes poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustee View Post
Of course, I know how many of the original members got to this forum (if you don't know, see here), but how did some of the newer members that are trickling in come across us? Just curious. While some of us go back years already, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that the addition of new members is refreshing.
just surfing the web, under guitar forums, so i guess you could say--
GOOGLE SENT ME---

jimmy

jimmy peters-oldest fart
jimmy peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
calgary1
Banned

calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy peters View Post
just surfing the web, under guitar forums, so i guess you could say--
GOOGLE SENT ME---

jimmy
It was goole for me as well. But this is a real guitar forum. The long term members you have, are a huge value to your site. I have questions regarding vintage instruments I will be asking about shortly, and I know the answers are here.
calgary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

What's weird about me ending up here is, I consider myself pretty tech savvy, and have been on the internet just about from its infancy. During my break from playing (a veery long one), I was on the net moderating some chat rooms on AOL, and was a member of many forums- but none music related. When I finally separated from my then wife (depicted here:), I started playing again, and googled something on music theory, and discovered GT. I was blown away and amazed that there were actual video lessons. Anyway, I joined GT in 2005, then the divorce went into full battle-mode, and I was away from GT for almost a full year before I started participating again. I was reading and posting in GT, and, as many of you know, through a conversation with Kevin (over game consoles, no less), I got the invite from Tonja. Anyway, it's lots more fun here overall, and we do get around to talking music and stuff. It's the "stuff" that makes it more enjoyable than GT. I'm still a paying member over at GT, and I never really take advantage of the video content. DUH.

Anyway, I'm glad I made it over here. I take a look at the backing track assignments nearly every month, and one of these days, I'll download every video lesson that interests me, then cancel my paying membership.

So, in a very roundabout way, google got me here also.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
spacedog
mere mortal

spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls spacedog squeezes farts out of dead seagulls

Man, sometimes I forget this is just an internet forum. I don't even think of it as that. It's just like...talking to people I've known forever.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Dusty
Banned

Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose

I Googled, looking for a guitar related answer, and in my travels stumbled on the forum.
Over the years had looked at other guitar forums and couldn't handle the pretentious bullshit
This one is a bit different. Besides we get to read about bat shit crazy wives lol
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

That's our motto: "No Pretense. Straight Bullshit." Just the way I like it.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Mr. G.
Grizzled Veteran

Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them Mr. G. has an STD named after them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
That's our motto: "No Pretense. Straight Bullshit." Just the way I like it.
Now that is signature quality there!
Effects: Boss GT-100
Band: Whisky Business
Mr. G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
calgary1
Banned

calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass calgary1 Sucks butter from a skanks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I Googled, looking for a guitar related answer, and in my travels stumbled on the forum.
Over the years had looked at other guitar forums and couldn't handle the pretentious bullshit
This one is a bit different. Besides we get to read about bat shit crazy wives lol
Lots of sites have forum bullies. The Tab sites can get really bad.
calgary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #10
Dusty
Banned

Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose Dusty can suck a golf ball through a garden hose

Forums do have bullies but usually there is an owner who has only so much tollerance and will shut them up or send them packing. Chat rooms like Yahoo, whose admin don't give a shit, allow bullies to prosper.Booting, fear of being booted and ID theft spoil the enjoyment of most

This forum has been good because everyone seems to get on reasonably well. Thanks for that must go to the owners/admin
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote