Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 01-04-2018, 02:48 AM   #31
PKVeazey
Old Timer

PKVeazey Just getting started

I'm not going to count the free stuff. The best deal I ever got was a 1943 wartime Epiphone "Ritz" archtop with original hardshell case for $62.50 in an Antique store in Indiana.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:11 AM   #32
BeachComber
Banned

BeachComber Just getting started

My best deal "ever" gear-wise is my current Bugera V22 Infinium.

It sounds as good a Fender amp and cost me half as much.
BeachComber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #33
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I got an Agile 7-string LP on sale as a Christmas gift from my wife, but it didn't work out for me. I had to return it. Then, I saw a demo unit Digitech Drop D that I previously couldn't afford. But since I returned the guitar, it convinced my wife especially that it was lesser priced. I have been GAS'ing for it and I am so happy that I now have it! It is sooo amazing! I don't need a 7-string or a baritone guitar anymore because this pedal turns any of my guitars into one!
littlebadboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #34
BobF
Random Opinion Generator

BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies BobF feels up puppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachComber View Post
My best deal "ever" gear-wise is my current Bugera V22 Infinium.

It sounds as good a Fender amp and cost me half as much.
V22s are rockin' little amps!

--
Angels are crying because TRUTH has died ...

Illegitimi non carborundum
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #35
Cobalt
Collab Serf

Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket Cobalt 's life has gone to hell in a hand basket

I got a Ovation A/E from Craigslist once for $60 that I resold for $300. My Katana 50 was a pretty good deal at $165 shipped to my door. I saw a Standard MIM Strat once on Craigslist with some kind of an amp for $80 but it was gone in 5 minutes.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #36
Silimtao
Baaand

Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life Silimtao REALY needs to get a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Boston View Post
I'm sure most of us who've been at this awhile have had a slew of transactions with gear. I have a few that couldn't have worked out better and I've let a few get away that I eventually second-guessed, c'est la vie.

What's been your best "deal" in terms of gear?

I traded off a 5-string Peavey bass I think I originally got for about $150, wasn't really using anyway, and was missing a bridge saddle for a Shure Beta 87A vocal mic which I have since used constantly and sounds awesome.

But I'd say the best deal I've had to date was the Squier Vintage Modified Cabronita Telecaster pictured below. They're not a current production model but I'm pretty sure they went for about $300 new when they were issued; I paid half that and absolutely love this axe.

So yeah - tell me about the time you came out like a bandit! Doesn't have to be a guitar, could be a stompbox, amp, etc.
Dunno how I missed this thread. When Cabronitas came to my attention, I started googling like crazy. I found a music shop housed in the original Gretsch factory selling one brand new for about $150ish but I wasn't too keen on Squiers at the time. I passed.

Guess the best deal on a guitar is my Squier classic vibe 50, used, but mint. $249.99 from GC.

My Jet City 2112c cost me $249.99 too. Floor model, mint. Normally went for over $600+.

Most of my gear was acquired from eBay, and I didn't pay anything near list price. And all the guitars were mint.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. - Thoreau

Works of art make rules but rules do not make works of art. - Debussy.
Silimtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 AM   #37
Bellcose

Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Bellcose The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silimtao View Post
Guess the best deal on a guitar is my Squier classic vibe 50, used, but mint. $249.99 from GC....
Yep, I reckon I got a nice deal on m CV 50's BB. From a store but it had been returned. Almost brand new @ $280.00

Recently, my Christmas present to moi, a Shure SM57 and TC Electronic Ditto Looper. All very simple but $150 off the store price. Lot of fun fooling around with them too.
...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."
Bellcose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #38
Cowboyfromhell

Cowboyfromhell Just getting started

I'm new to the world of guitars and consider my self a somewhat smart shopper. I feel I have been very fortunate with my "gear" purchases to date. My first guitar was given to me as a tip for work done on a guy's house: a red b.c. rich mockingbird bronze series and a korg toneworks effects pedal. Then I got a Dean ml stealth Dimebag model in Dimeslime green--$1549 msrp, I paid $750 for brand new which came with a hardshell case! Soon therafter I came across a smoking deal on a brand new LTD EC-256 in faded cherry sunburst--$550 msrp, on sale for $279! So far my $99 el cheapo amp-- line6 spider iv 15w is serving me well untill I save up for a nice Marshall.
Cowboyfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #39
littlebadboy

littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking littlebadboy The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfromhell View Post
I'm new to the world of guitars and consider my self a somewhat smart shopper. I feel I have been very fortunate with my "gear" purchases to date. My first guitar was given to me as a tip for work done on a guy's house: a red b.c. rich mockingbird bronze series and a korg toneworks effects pedal. Then I got a Dean ml stealth Dimebag model in Dimeslime green--$1549 msrp, I paid $750 for brand new which came with a hardshell case! Soon therafter I came across a smoking deal on a brand new LTD EC-256 in faded cherry sunburst--$550 msrp, on sale for $279! So far my $99 el cheapo amp-- line6 spider iv 15w is serving me well untill I save up for a nice Marshall.
Hey welcome!

You have a nice line of guitars! I take that you're a huge Pantera fan?
littlebadboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #40
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

I bought a Squier Stratocaster in almost new condition for $ 50 once.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote