Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 04-18-2016, 02:11 AM   #11
Pooner

Pooner Just getting started

Link bookmarked, thank ya much.

[Edit] Thanks jim i may try some lessons there's supposed to be a phenomenal fiddler at the local music shop who gives lessons, but this is prolly pretty far in the future. Truck repairs and a microphone come first. Not to mention i still only have 2 guitars...

"Today is always greater than One day." - Me (i think)
Pooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:31 AM   #12
Borodog

Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow Borodog Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiholly View Post
want post me a sample?
Recorded on my phone, just for you.

https://soundcloud.com/borodog/mandolin-sample
Borodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:46 AM   #13
jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Just getting started jwmurrayjr Just getting started
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooner View Post
Link bookmarked, thank ya much.

[Edit] Thanks jim i may try some lessons there's supposed to be a phenomenal fiddler at the local music shop who gives lessons, but this is prolly pretty far in the future. Truck repairs and a microphone come first. Not to mention i still only have 2 guitars...
Heck yeah! We got out priorities!

Washburn Classical, Epi LP Spec I, SX S-type, Fender Starcaster, Hadean T-type, Epi LP Jr., Zoom G1Xon

"I'll never own an expensive guitar. If I won one, I'd sell it and buy some inexpensive guitars and a couple burritos."
Cyphre.
jwmurrayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:20 AM   #14
TheScholar
Bluegrass Musician

TheScholar Just getting started

My sister plays a lot of mandolin. She usually suggests the Rogue A Style. It's usually priced about 80 dollars. I don't know about how the mandolin is, but I have played a Rogue Resonator for sometime that is a decent guitar.
TheScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:02 PM   #15
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

I had a Rogue mandolin and sold it out of disinterest, not quality. The very first thing I did was change the strings which made a huge difference in tuning and tone. It just would not tune with the delivered strings.

Changing strings on one is a scary affair. Most guitar players are adverse to tuning higher and higher to get to pitch, but those little strings hold and get there. They also hurt, even for a long time guitar player with plenty callus.

They are tuned in fifths so you can make several chords with two strings. I never did master the style of mandolin that allows you to play melody and leads.. I never progressed that far. I sold mine for what I paid for it.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:13 PM   #16
Seattle

Seattle Just getting started Seattle Just getting started

A KM 150 is a decent mandolin for you to check out. Maybe get one used.
Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #17
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

I'm currently plunking on a mandolin that my fiddle player made. Great little mando, but I'd like to buy one with electronics.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote