Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 02-05-2018, 02:44 AM   #11
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Thanks for all the suggestions. What I would really like, is to play with real people instead of a floor full of pedals. Too bad I can't find any. After thinking it over, I cannot justify buying another piece of equipment for gigging. This is getting really depressing
Old 02-05-2018, 04:48 AM   #12
Big John

Big John Just getting started Big John Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
The bass player & I are what is left of the current group & we are tossing around ideas of how we could make this work.
I recommend eschewing all the gizmos and backing tracks. Just play and sing!
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:14 AM   #13
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. What I would really like, is to play with real people instead of a floor full of pedals. Too bad I can't find any. After thinking it over, I cannot justify buying another piece of equipment for gigging. This is getting really depressing
I'd prefer a (good) live drummer to the BB anyday, but that's seldom an option. Our drummer voted himself off of the island and he's only on island once or twice a year. He was just here a few weeks ago to record two new EP's with us.
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #14
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaK View Post
If you're doing guitar/singing solo, one of these is a handy tool to have...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wl9B6Rg5f4
VoiceLive 3 Extreme sounds great. I wish I had one.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #15
Hi Hat

Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Hi Hat The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Absolutely. You need a human drummer. Nothing can be as interactive and musical as a skilled human drummer.
Hi Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:44 PM   #16
rudos1
the Deuce

rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts rudos1 Has Anal Warts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Most electronic keyboards have a large selection of built in drum beats, or you can program your own. For gigs you could record some beats on your DAW, put em on a phone or iPod, and play them back thru an amp, PA, Blue tooth speaker, etc.
I've also done this for jams with just me and a bass player for reggae jams worked fine..
Black modded strat, Epi SG, White Epi Wilshire Pro,Tubeworks Tube Driver TD-752 1X12 combo, ,SG copy from kit, Mesa Boogie 50 Caliber+, Hot Wheels Strat, Marshall MG100HDFX , Vox VT20+,Applause AE25, Laguna Bass
rudos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #17
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Thumbs up Beat Buddy

My next gear purchase is going to be a Beat Buddy .

My Digitech GNX4 8 track recorder/looper had a great drum machine but it along with the GNX4 were stolen .

The T.C.Helicon Voice Live 3 X has about all the stuff the GNX4 had except a drum machine .

I have been reviewing and researching BB as they first came out , quite a success story .
It's different in a great way in that the drums are actual drum recorded sounds and not midi synth .

If you want to learn about it try joining the Beat Buddy forum , I did , glad I did too .

If you know how to find a bargain and haggle then never buy [ Manufacturer Suggested List Price ] ever . I don't .

I got my VL3X for $550.00 new in the box sealed , it's not impossible although many would have you believe that .

The VL3X is a lot like my Digitech GNX4 - that means you got to read the manual and check out tutorials . If your are not
into reading then pass on this one . If however you are predisposed to challenges then this unit is for you .

A Beat Buddy and any MFX processor is great - with a VL3(X) it would be state of the art awesome .

The library of accessible drum patterns has exploded , they have an extensive series of drum beats .

https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/?gcl...xoCuisQAvD_BwE

They are quite reasonably price too .

I have via the Beat Buddy forum listen to member's recorded songs that used a BB instead of a live drummer and it
was an eye opener . Yep I'm getting one next month .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:52 PM   #18
Hurricane Ramon

Hurricane Ramon Just getting started
Thumbs up Real Live Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
I'd prefer a (good) live drummer to the BB anyday, but that's seldom an option. Our drummer voted himself off of the island and he's only on island once or twice a year. He was just here a few weeks ago to record two new EP's with us.
Aloooooooha bra :

I can hook you up with a great drummer in Mountain View / Kurtistown subdivision in Puna if you are looking for one .
He is a great guy with a lot of experience and a greater attitude . PM me if you are interested . He's stable and really
a great person besides a monster talent .

EZ :

HR
It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me
Hurricane Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #19
KamaK
Retired

KamaK Just getting started

If a pedal-board isn't the solution, there is an alternative....

It cost me about $3500 and took ~3-years....

KamaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:06 AM   #20
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaK View Post
If a pedal-board isn't the solution, there is an alternative....

It cost me about $3500 and took ~3-years....

Ok, let me see here. Play guitar, sing, operate MFX, operate harmonizer, operate synthesizer, AND play drums. I would really be a one woman band wouldn't I