Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 02-11-2017, 01:11 AM   #11
Old Guitar Dad

Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Well, after playing to 100 people at my wife's 50th I felt a lot more comfortable on stage and we had rave reviews with just about everyone dancing to every song. It helped having everyone in fancy dress as they all got into it big time.|
|
Now I am back into my learn and play a song a week routine (Its actually more like learn and play a song in a day then do nothing for the rest of the week) due to work and family comitments.|
|
Our little band has grown to 7 people which is a bit unweildly and with extra members it means we get nothing done in our jam sessions (more talking than playing). |
|
We found a new singer who absolutely belts out all the high range songs (think Aerosmith, AC/DC, Deep Purple, The Cult etc) so we are now tasked with finding songs we can play with that vibe. Its great fun trying out new material for the first time and getting wowed by how good it sounds first up. Looking forward to the next jam after learning Bon Jovi for the first time....Hmmm not my usual cup of tea but what the hell.
Old Guitar Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:32 AM   #12
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

Still searching for someone/band to join forces with without much luck.

The no women allowed band finally granted me an audition. It was to be last Thursday afternoon & that same morning I received a call from the drummer saying the lead guitar player & the bass player got into a huge fight & the NWA band was in limbo. And they were worried I(a girl) would bring drama to the group,

The title of my previous post about these guys referred to them as idiots, I rest my case.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:26 AM   #13
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
Still searching for someone/band to join forces with without much luck.

The no women allowed band finally granted me an audition. It was to be last Thursday afternoon & that same morning I received a call from the drummer saying the lead guitar player & the bass player got into a huge fight & the NWA band was in limbo. And they were worried I(a girl) would bring drama to the group,

The title of my previous post about these guys referred to them as idiots, I rest my case.
Those dudes are such drama... I think they're probably afraid you'll bring stability and make them look like the 8th grade schoolgirls they are....
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:43 AM   #14
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarryReems View Post
Wow! Alien guy is gone!? I never thought I'd see the day where you were back in that band...
Yep. The singer, the guitarist that took my spot, and the drummer got together on their own time to do some writing and iron some thing out and Douchebag thought they were conspiring against him to get him to quit.

I'm not even kidding lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
It's good to hear that you got back into FFR. I always thought you really enjoyed playing in that band until you posted that you left them. Hope it works out well.
Yeah so far everyone has gelled really well. We've all got similar senses of humor and there's not an ego to be found. I really think we've all got a common goal in mind this time around. We no longer play covers either, which is pretty exciting. All original material.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Austin R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:58 AM   #15
MrHarryReems
Dead Man Walking

MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow MrHarryReems Confuses Ass and Elbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin R View Post
Yeah so far everyone has gelled really well. We've all got similar senses of humor and there's not an ego to be found. I really think we've all got a common goal in mind this time around. We no longer play covers either, which is pretty exciting. All original material.
Nice! Can't wait to hear some of the original stuff!
MrHarryReems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #16
Austin R
Hip to be square

Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute Austin R is a virtuoso at playing skinflute

Quote:
Nice! Can't wait to hear some of the original stuff!
It's all somewhat aggressive rock stuff. Lots of drop D tuning.
Carvin DC127, PRS McCarty Soapbar, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender Mexican Stratocaster, Epiphone Les Paul Trad. Pro,
Old 02-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #17
shredd
Lifeson wannabe

shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking shredd The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Those dudes are such drama... I think they're probably afraid you'll bring stability and make them look like the 8th grade schoolgirls they are....

"Time is the fire in which we burn..." - Soren
"Never in the course of human conflict have so many owed so much to so few." - Winston Churchill
shredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #18
crank

crank Just getting started

My modern country band is gigging regularly and having a lot of fun. We do 2 -3 gigs a month and are booked throughout 2017.

I recently started an acousticish trio. 2 guitars and bass and we are having fun finding songs we want to play and working out harmonies, etc. I hope to gig with this group, but even if we don't I really enjoy getting out on a weeknight and playing with some friends.

Planning to do some open mics , etc as a solo.
crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #19
Austin R
Hip to be square

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post
My modern country band is gigging regularly and having a lot of fun. We do 2 -3 gigs a month and are booked throughout 2017.

I recently started an acousticish trio. 2 guitars and bass and we are having fun finding songs we want to play and working out harmonies, etc. I hope to gig with this group, but even if we don't I really enjoy getting out on a weeknight and playing with some friends.

That's exciting. Good luck with all that.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 AM   #20
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank View Post

Nice!!
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote