Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Other Stringed Instruments

Old 04-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
hippychip

hippychip Just getting started

I play guitar, and sort-of play bass. (I have 5 electric guitars, an acoustic, and a bass) but that doesn't stop me from having a banjo, 2 mountain dulcimers, a clarinet, several harmonicas, tambourines, maraccas, about a dozen of my hand built Hippy Chip's cigar box guitars, and 2 drum kits (one is fully miked for recording including a dedicated mixer) I also have 4 vocal mics with stands, Guitar & bass amps, close to 500 ft of cables, and a 400 watt 6-channel mixer with 4 speakers
Old 06-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #12
TheScholar
Bluegrass Musician

TheScholar Just getting started

Actually it was the first instrument I ever learned how to play. When i got interested in Americana though, I stopped playing the violin and started playing the fiddle
TheScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #13
HawkHunt

HawkHunt Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
I play guitar, and sort-of play bass. (I have 5 electric guitars, an acoustic, and a bass) but that doesn't stop me from having a banjo, 2 mountain dulcimers, a clarinet, several harmonicas, tambourines, maraccas, about a dozen of my hand built Hippy Chip's cigar box guitars, and 2 drum kits (one is fully miked for recording including a dedicated mixer) I also have 4 vocal mics with stands, Guitar & bass amps, close to 500 ft of cables, and a 400 watt 6-channel mixer with 4 speakers
Yeah, My setup is similar to yours, though a lot less extensive. I have quite a few guitars and a bass, a digeridoo,a xaphoon, a violin, a keyboard, a MIDI controler I use for tons of virtual instruments and various other little interesting instruments. I also record that stuff through a 4 in 4 out audio interface. I cant play decently on 90 percent of these instruments but thats not the point, I can get 1 or 2 songs out of all of them.
The whole point is that i want to be able to try to play something if I hear an interesting piece and so I collect instruments
HawkHunt is offline   Reply With Quote