Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > General > Tales from the road

Old 11-13-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
Old Guitar Dad

Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking
Default Vid from Hazy Recollection's first gig - Superstition

Here you go guys, we have found a phone recording of the last song of the night. We blasted out Stevie Wonder's Superstition Hazy Rec style.

It wasn't supposed to be the last song, but we had played it earlier in the night which was totally disastrous. I had mistakenly missed a string when I was re-tuning my guitar after having it in open E for an earlier song. Of course it sounded fine up until I used the G string half way through the song, where it was still in the other tuning... it sounded awful and I couldn't work out what was wrong and soldiered on.. we finished the song after a god awful solo that was in and out of key. I scratched my head then noticed in the break it was completely out of tune. So we decided to re-play the song at the end with an in-tune guitar... This was the result.

Last edited by Old Guitar Dad; 11-13-2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: wrong open tuning it was in E instead of G
Old Guitar Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
Jase
Principe del Galles

Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title Jase doesn't deserve a title

Some great voices there, and looks a good show.
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
Old Guitar Dad

Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking Old Guitar Dad The Oven's On But Nothing's Cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase View Post
Some great voices there, and looks a good show.
Cheers Jase, yep, our sound man jumped up on stage to join in on the vocals for this last tune. Koichi, our main man has a massive range.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
AlyKat
Collab Queen

AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out AlyKat huffs white out

What fun ! Sounds great.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #5
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

Very cool OLD DAD. The light show is a awesome touch.......
stratstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #6
Old Guitar Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyKat View Post
What fun ! Sounds great.
Thanks Aly.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:20 AM   #7
Old Guitar Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratstrummer View Post
Very cool OLD DAD. The light show is a awesome touch.......
Yeah mate the hosts went all out on the lighting. As good as it looked it was an added distraction for me, trying to concentrate on what I was doing. I'm still not confident playing live, but slowly slowly I am getting a little more comfortable.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:28 AM   #8
stratstrummer

stratstrummer Just getting started

That's cool. I hope it becomes more natural and comfortable for you. I play just for my wife and I. I don't get around much anymore so I have lots of time to play.
stratstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote