Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > General Gear Discussion

Old 01-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #31
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

To me, the compensation takes place at the Bridge or Saddle. The nut is there for one thing. To 1. help achieve the proper intonation length, and 2. to guide the strings at the proper angle to the post after the nut. Any cuts to the nut BEFORE the angle is achieved seem dubious.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #32
pdawg0

pdawg0 Just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parralax view View Post
To me, the compensation takes place at the Bridge or Saddle. The nut is there for one thing. To 1. help achieve the proper intonation length, and 2. to guide the strings at the proper angle to the post after the nut. Any cuts to the nut BEFORE the angle is achieved seem dubious.
That's two things. Sorry, my OCD is acting up.
pdawg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:41 AM   #33
Parralax view

Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia Parralax view can't see their genitalia

Yeah, I just realized I listed two, so to me it's two things....;-) The whole thing seems dubious to me still.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #34
Sixstringplayer

Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn Sixstringplayer is like a door knob: everybody gets a turn

I think these compensated nuts are................nuts
Sixstringplayer is offline   Reply With Quote