Guitar Forums

Go Back   Guitar Forums > The Gear > Effects

Old 06-19-2017, 03:48 AM   #1
know-dem-scales

know-dem-scales Just getting started
Default Opinions Please...Zoom G1On

This pedal has tons of effects. Seems like I would have a ton of fun with it. For 50 bucks and putting my gift card towards it. Please, any suggestions? I think I have to have this. I have a few questions. Will it work with my small Blackstar amp? Also when using overdrive settings on the pedal, do I leave the amp on clean setting? What about the knob settings on amp? How do you adjust that and the settings on pedal to combine for right sound?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A--6iQWiuwM

https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/guit...ects-processor
know-dem-scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
Screaming Dave
Senior Twangler

Screaming Dave Just getting started

I think multi-fx pedals like this are brilliant if you're new to fx and basically don't know what you're going to like. They offer you the chance to play with just about every type of fx known to man without having to shell out on a whole stack of individual stomp boxes.

Yes, it will work with the Blackstar and if you use a distorted or overdriven sound on the fx pedal then leave your amp clean. Regarding EQ, I'd probably start off by just turning all the EQ knobs on your amp up to max and rely upon the tone settings on the fx pedal to start with. If you find they all sound a bit shrill to you, then you can always modify your amp EQ to suit yourself.

Have fun!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:18 PM   #3
know-dem-scales

know-dem-scales Just getting started

I have had it for about a week now, not quite a week, close enough. I am digging this unit. Price was great for what it offers. I want to create my own patches, but at a loss where to start. As of now, I am having loads of fun. The effects, the amp models, the drums. Thanks
know-dem-scales is offline   Reply With Quote